Story 10: Masato Rikuo

Synopsis:

Yuga’s friend as well as his rival.

Holds the title of Ace of Sports and boasts to have the ability to lead various primary sports club in Aibo Academy.

Relying on said ability, he joins all kinds of sports club activities as a supporter.

More than his sports prowess, he never falters in his daily efforts. As he has several sisters and brothers, the house chores is always done to complete perfection.

________________________________________________

Even in this dimension, he has started to take action.

He seeks to deny the existence of this world, which countless lives have worked to create.

This time for sure, we must end things.

That is the last deed that I can do, as a fellow Dragod.

But I no longer have time.

I, who have had most of my power devoured by that villain, will soon cease to exist.

Before that happens, I must pass on our power to another.

I must find the most deserving warrior.

◇ ◇ ◇

“265… 266… 267…”

[Masato Rikuo] and his Buddy [Agito] were working out obsessively in Masato’s room.

The facts were that several days ago, the two of them had a Buddyfight with [Kei Jinguji], student president of the World Buddy Academia, and had been thoroughly defeated

Ever since then the two of them had sought to gain greater strength through training and self-discipline.

“299… 300… Agito! Do you feel up to doing another 100 reps?”

“I can keep going, no sweat!”

“For share! We’re going to get stronger! Let’s put some spirit into it!”

“Of course!”

The two synchronized their movements with perfectly coordinated breathing.

The best way of improving the powerful mental fortitude, concentration, and decision-making ability that was crucial to Buddyfight was to strengthen the body that was the core support for all of these components. That was Masato’s pet theory.

Late that night…

Suddenly, a voice echoed in both their minds, speaking directly to them.

[Do you seek new strength?]

Masato and Agito stopped moving at the same time.

“Agito, did you hear that?”

“I heard that loud and clear!”