Story 4: Krieger

Synopsis:

A young teenager fresh out from the German countryside, he plays Buddyfight with his fellow friends.

However, due to unwilling involvement in an accident, his treasured friends were injured. Regretting that he was unable to protect his friends in the past, he resolves to gain the power to protect those close to him and chances upon a meeting with Projection Shell, “Siegfried”.

________________________________________________

“[Dragon Extermination Knight, Siegfried] attack!”

“Argh, I lost again…”

Krieger, the green-haired young boy, and red-headed Rick both loved Buddyfight. They had been born and raised in the same country village in Germany. Since their houses were close to each other, the two quickly became friends and had Buddyfights whenever they had a spare moment.

As Krieger picked up the Siegfried card that had just won the match, he gazed at it with admiration.

Krieger: “Legend World Heroes really are strong and amazing…I love them.”

Rick: “Next time, my Dragon Brigade will win!”

Krieger: “I welcome the challenge!”

The two friends laughed innocently.

“I knew you’d be here!”

A girl with short silver hair opened the door to the secret base that they had constructed behind the school.

“Fel?”

“Hmph! If you’re going to Buddyfight, I wish you’d invite me too.”

“Sorry, you were talking to some other kids, so…”

“You don’t have to be so shy.”

The girl, Fel, also lived near the two boys, and had been their playmate since they were very young. Unlike Krieger and Rick, who were introverted and couldn’t fit in well with others, Fel was a lively girl who made friends easily. As a result, Fel was always the one to take charge and lead Krieger and Rick by the hand. In fact, Fel was the one who came up with the idea for the secret base that the three friends had built together.

Fel: “Next, you’re going to Buddyfight me!”

Krieger: “Okay!”

Rick: “I’m not gonna lose!”

As Fel brought her deck out, the two boys put away the cards spread out on the floor.

The three of them always played together like this.

They thought that their days would continue in this way forever.

And then that fateful day came.

◇ ◇ ◇

That day, they were on a school field trip to a nearby forest.

The students spent the morning traveling to the forest, and in the afternoon they ate their packed lunches and then played with their close friends.

The anomaly occurred when they were preparing to head back.

“Hey, what’s that?”

A student pointed at the sky.

Up above, a black fissure ran through the sky like a crack in a window pane. The fissure grew larger and larger, turning into a pitch-black hole. The teachers realized that this was an abnormal situation and gathered the students, encouraging them to evacuate and take shelter.