Chapter 1 - Guardian Forces

Laurance Zhavl got back home from work. He had an ok job and was working hard in it. He shared his house with his best friend and his best friend's brother. But both were visiting friends.

Laurance cooked his dinner and was about to start eating when the doorbell rang.

"At this time?" He muttered and dropped his fork as he stood and opened the door. "How can I help you?"

Two men were standing there. One with brown hair and purple eyes and another had a helmet on and wasn't recognizable.

"Laurance Zhavl?"

"Yeah, what can I do for you?" Laurance asked, smiling a little. Not enough to be creepy but enough to be welcoming.

"I'm Captain Toby of the Guardian Forces, can we come in?"

Laurance took a second but nodded. "Yeah, sure. Can we make it quick though?"

"Of course."

Laurance let the two people in, he didn't notice the sad and almost scared look in the helmeted guys eyes. Because not a week earlier he went through the same thing.

"What's up?"

"Mr. Zhavl, you have been chosen to join the Guardian Forces. An elite group of handpicked people chosen to protect the population." Toby explained. Behind him, the other guard lifted his visor just enough that Laurance could make out his face. "Would you join?"

Laurance saw the look in the guard's eyes. He knew the boy who was giving him a 'run while you can' look. His friend was in trouble, he wasn't going to back down.

"I will."

Toby smirked. "Good, we will return at dawn to pick you up. Oh, actually, why don't you get to know our newest recruit for the night? You wouldn't mind if he stayed here would you?" The boy quickly dropped his visor and stood straight as Toby turned to look at him.

"Not at all. Plenty of room." Laurance agreed. "See you in the morning."

"Yes, Good day." He sent the guard a look and exited the house. Leaving in a black car.

The boy threw his helmet away and hugged Laurance.

Laurance stumbled a little at the sudden tackle, and that he even hugged him. The two of them weren't that close. However the shocking amount of strength he had.

Then he pulled himself away and punched Laurance's shoulder.

"You idiot! I know you know what I was telling you! And-and you said yes?! You freaking joined?! Could you not tell what I was telling you?!" He demanded. Without the helmet, his facial features were seeable. The boy had chocolate brown hair that swept toward ones side and vibrant green eyes.

"Whoa! Calm down! Vylad, you obviously were scared of that guy. I'm not about to just let my best friend's brother be in a position that he was scared of someone like that." Laurance explained.

Vylad swore. "Curse you and your guard complex. This isn't something we can just quit, Laurance! We're screwed." He sighed.

"It'll work out, ok? Just calm down."

"It's stupid! They say this is supposed to be a group of people who protect others! They don't protect! They hurt, they do things that are wrong in a way that it seems moral and have good cover up stories." Vylad said. "You know that potion lab shut down that was all over the news last week?"

"Yeah?"

"We were sent in to collect potion ingredients. The lab itself was up to code and in good condition. They told us to go in there and confiscate everything that can be used to make potions. It was afterwards that I found out what this organization is really up to."

Laurance could tell that Vylad, even though he was the newest recruit, had been in it long enough to change completely.

"How long have you been in it?"

"A month. They recruit new people once a month."

"How long has it been in service?"

"Supposedly? 50 years, I think it's longer."

"Why?"

Vylad glanced at the windows. "I don't know exactly. I know that this project is tightly related to the Lycan Corporation and the Ro'meave Corporation."

"Aaron, Garroth, and Zane."

"Exactly, do you know what happened last year, at the lodge?"

"No. Something happened to them. The ones that went. But they wouldn't tell us, us being me, Dante, Travis, Katelyn, and Kawaii-Chan."

"Well, Travis, Katelyn, and Kawaii-Chan know." Vylad stated. "At least they will by the end of the summer."

"What do you mean?"

"I know the new goal. Of this organization."

"What?"

"We're hunting an old, mystical, being. It's a werewolf, but it can turn humans into werewolves." Vylad explained. "It's called an Ultima and it's someone we know. Someone we have to help."

"Who?"

Vylad didn't get the chance to answer before his eyes flashed a brighter lime green.

"I don't know exactly, but it's someone we do know." His voice was distant and unfocused. "We have to be careful."

"What next then?"

"We play along. Work for them but follow their orders, don't arouse suspicion."

"Alright..."

Tada!

Welcome to my newest AU fanfic! So I decided my Wattpad account would be an AU account until further notice. If you want to see some OC inserts then check my Quotev account under the same name.

Anyway, I was inspired for this story by a fan art of Laurance turning out to be a GF and decided I was going to do that. Then I decided to add Dante and Vylad in because they're kind of overlooked.

Anyway, have a good day! Hope you enjoy this story!

💜 ~ Love ya!