Chapter 3 - Information

Training began early the next morning.

Laurance and Dante noticed that Vylad was avoiding them quickly. He was becoming a loner.

First day of training was all lectures. They listened to a guy talk about their goals, purposes, and stations, and things like that.

After that, they'd train. Weight training, gun safety, aiming, stuff like that. With two straight weeks of constant training, they were pretty good.

Dante landed himself the rank of Sergeant, and Laurance got the same.

But, backtracking here, the night before training ended Dante woke up to someone knocking on his door. He opened it and Vylad went in without question. Dante shut the door behind him.

"Vylad—"

"Sorry, I don't have time." Vylad hissed. "Look, you and Laurance are friends so I'm trusting you to tell him this too. But the past couple days, it hasn't been me. Well, not completely. Don't trust anyone with green eyes, don't give the officers reason to doubt your loyalty, even if you're plotting against them, and whatever you do, be careful."

"What do you mean, not you completely?"

"It's Magic. A potion specifically. I remember drinking it, it tasted like... cake. It tasted like a liquid version of my Mom's cake. So it tasted like your favorite food or something." Vylad explained. "You'll lose control of your body and your actions. I broke free tonight but I don't think I have long."

"Mind control?"

"Exactly. The tell-tale is bright green eyes... like Travis's! From High School, you guys were friends. Travis Valkrum. If anyone has those same color eyes they might be under the spell. Be. Careful."

"How do I know you're telling the truth?"

"You don't, frankly. But I'm trying to help." He glanced at the clock. "Gotta go, stay safe." Vylad left the room, leaving a confused Dante alone.

So after that night, Dante noticed that a lot of the recruits and the other soldiers had green eyes. Just like Travis's which was unnerving to notice the similarity. What if Travis was under this spell?

Dante was determined to learn more. He told Laurance about it when he could, then they were given their assignments.

Laurance got a promotion pretty early on, after his third mission he landed the rank of Captain and had his own regiment. He was a good leader and smart. He didn't show any disloyalty either, as far as anyone knew, he was the perfect member.

Dante didn't climb as fast, but he was getting there. Captain Toby, his regiment's leader, told Dante that if he kept it up he would be a Lieutenant soon.

Laurance shared information with Dante when he could, Vylad had up and disappeared. Which worried both blue eyed men, but they couldn't look for him without raising suspicion. So Laurance was on his own in gathering intel.

Then, Summer came and with it, chaos.

Yay, another one done and posted.

I'm really happy with how this has been turning out. I have been making Vylad know a lot, mainly because in Diaries he had that vibe as well.

He has this Nico Di Angelo vibe that he knows basically everything and tells it only when it's needed.

Also, I'd love some feedback! I don't know if y'all like this story or not which I'm curious.

I tried to find a story like this one but I couldn't find any, so I guess this is the first of it's kind! Unless y'all've seen something like this. Like Laurance or Vylad or Dante being a part of the GF's and being in When Angels Fall. If you have, send me the link! I really would love to read it!

Anyway, hope you have a good day! Bye!

💜 ~ Bye