Chapter 7 - Another Life, Another Chance

Dante woke up in a room. Garroth helped him sit up.

"Phew, you're ok. It's been a few hours."

"Really?" Dante coughed. "Why didn't you go after Zane?"

"I wasn't going to leave you behind. How are you feeling?"

Dante nodded. "I'm fine. And I can tell you're itching to go after Zane. Go. I can stay here."

Garroth wanted to argue but he also wanted to find Zane.

"Thank you Dante, be safe."

"I'll do my best. Go."

Garroth nodded and ran off.

Laurance headed toward Michael's office. Why? Because he had a feeling. He learned to trust those gut feelings.

He saw a flash of white from around the edges of the door and ran in.

"Ahh!" It was Kim and Lucinda with... Terry.

"Whoa!" Laurance threw his helmet off. "It's just me!"

"Laurance?" Lucinda looked over at Terry as he grabbed her shoulders.

"What did you do?!" Terry demanded.

"Laurance, what are you doing here?"

"I've been undercover. I guess that ends now." He answered. "What did you do to Michael?"

"He's not Michael, Terry has been possessed by him."

Laurance's eyes widened. "Oh Irene."

Dante left the house Garroth left him in and searched for the others.

He found the house that they ransacked, where the Lycan's were.

A werewolf was standing in the doorway.

Dante moves toward the door.

"Hey! Who are you?"

"Dante..." Dante grit his teeth in pain and looked up. "You're... you're one of the werewolves that Aphmau hung out with at school."

"You know Aphmau?"

"Yeah, we're friends." Dante nodded. "Have you seen her? Is she ok? Have you seen any of the others?"

"Yeah. Kawaii-Chan is—" Daniel stopped as he turned. "She isn't here... what's going on..." they noticed a huge group of people near the docks.

"Go check that out. I'll look for Kawaii-Chan in here." Dante said.

"Yeah, that's a good idea."

Daniel ran toward the crowds and Dante looked through the house.

"Kawaii-Chan?" He called. He went upstairs and a jar was thrown at him. It hit his face.

"What the—" Zane ran over. "Dante?! What are you doing here?!"

"You and your brother keep going for my face." Dante spat some blood onto the ground. His eye was bruised. "Didn't Garroth tell you?"

"No. He got... brainwashed or something. Travis did something."

"Zane? What's happening?" Kawaii-Chan asked.

"Dante's here." Zane answered, he offered Dante his hand and Dante took it. "You're hurt."

Dante sighed. "Yeah, I am but I'm fine. Where is everybody? And did you say Garroth got brainwashed? Oh no... Damn it Michael!"

"What?"

"I got a lot to explain." Dante limped over to where Kawaii-Chan was laying and saw Aphmau and he froze. "A-Aphmau?"

"Dante, she..."

"Aphmau?" He looked over at Zane, eyes wide. "Zane, she isn't...?"

"She's dead."

Vylad breathed slowly. Meditating.

He had been moved to the Celestial Cannon Prisons, which meant no chains. Only a door.

Vylad was meditating, he knew it he didn't have long, but he needed to get his power. He needed it to reach him and help him.

The door opened and Michael came in.

"Vylad, Vylad, Vylad. You just couldn't not fight. Could you?"

"You just couldn't stay dead. Could you?"

"Is that any way to talk to your elders?"

"When you're both over thousands of years old, I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter."

"Oh? What's this?"

Vylad stood. "I remember. I remember everything. Breaking an ancient hold on your mind takes a power just as or stronger. It took a while, but when I broke the fifth time I broke my own walls." He looked up. "I may not have much, but I have my memory. I know what this place is and what is hidden here. And unlike you, I know where."

Michael grabbed Vylad's collar and pressed him against the wall.

"Where is it?"

Vylad laughed. "Bold of you to assume I'll tell."

"You will." Michael's eyes flashed green but Vylad's eyes remained the same.

"No. I won't. I might not have it just yet, but I will. You've threatened my friends and my family. You've hurt my brothers." Vylad's eyes were cold. "Once I get it, you'll learn exactly how powerful a Shadow Knight can be."

Have you figured it out? I've kinda set it out on a platter. What does Vylad remember?

On a brighter note, Laurance Dante are with the others now! No more GF acting! Yee

But how do y'all like it? Is this a good series or am I just failing? I haven't really been getting feedback so I'm really not sure. Do y'all like it or not?

Sorry, kinda did a little thing there. Anyway, I love y'all! You are amazing.

💜 ~ Bye!