Chapter 6 - Friends

Laurence got the full report from Toby and now he had the job to interrogate a traitor.

He shut the door behind him and dropped the clipboard onto the metal table between him, and the darker brunet.

"Where is Dante?" Laurance asked, he obviously hated it but he had to ask.

Silent.

"Do you know where any of the escaped are? The ones we've been hunting?"

Silent, again.

"Talk."

"I'm no going to give up any information. I broke free of his hold and I'm not giving it back." Vylad stated. "Dante escaped, and by now he is helping the others get off this rock. The Guardian Forces have lost."

"Not yet." Laurance contradicted. "They are still on the island, no ships have gone off. Where are they? Any of them?"

"Not. Saying." Vylad leaned back, his hands were cuffed to the metal table. "I'll stay quiet, for another fifteen years if I have to."

Laurance sighed, he was confused by Vylad's last comment but left anyways. He didn't want to question Vylad, but he had to keep up the charade.

"Anything?" Toby asked.

"He's defiant. Very much so. I don't think he'll break either, something feels off."

Toby nodded. "I'll try. You were close to him and the escaped, Michael wants a talk with you."

Laurance nodded and went to Michael's office as Toby went to interrogate Vylad.

"Ah, Laurance." Michael turned. "You've arrived. You know why you are here?"

"Because I was friends with Dante and Vylad. Two traitors." Laurance answered calmly. "May I state a case?"

"You may."

"I was also friends with the Ultima and the other targets. I'm not anymore because they are a threat to the people of the world and therefore, they are my enemies. I thought both Vylad and Dante were good, were fighting for the right reason. It turns out they were against us and so I'm no longer friends. They are my enemies."

Michael seemed to like that. "I see... you have proven your loyalty many times, Laurance. I trust you won't make the same mistake they did."

"I won't." Laurance swore.

"Good. You may go now."

Laurance nodded and headed out. He wasn't lying when he swore, how? His friends didn't make a mistake and therefore, he wouldn't either.

Vylad stayed silent as Toby questioned him. Then eventually he gave up and left.

"I have to get out. Find Hala and protect the Celestial Cannon. Michael can't get his hands on it." Vylad thought as he tried to break his cuffs; failing.

Dante came into an alley just as Kim and Lucinda left Garroth there.

Dante walked toward his friend, who was now a werewolf.

Garroth heard him and spun. He punched Dante in the face and Dante flew back into a bunch of boxes. His hood fell and Garroth gasped.

"Dante!" He ran over as Dante coughed and stood up.

"Hey, Garroth." He grinned, blood in his teeth. "Remind me not to sneak up on you."

"Are you ok? I'm so sorry!"

"I'm fine." He coughed and blood splattered into his hand. "Fine, I got shot and have been on the run since. Then you just punched me into a bunch of now broken crates so I'm not so good."

"I'm so sorry! Can I do anything—"

"I'll be fine. I'm just happy I caught up with you." Dante cut him off. "I have to tell you some things."

"What?"

"We need to find Zane first."

"Right. But can't you tell me now?"

Dante sighed. "I can... I should start from the beginning. So before you guys all left, Laurance and I were recruited for the Guardian Forces. We joined in hopes to help people but... then this whole thing happened so we turned to be spies. We did our best to keep you guys from getting caught or keep people from being hurt. Well, things were pretty good until the yesterday."

"Tell me about it."

"Yeah, well Derek turned himself in. I was one of his guards and during that time, the other guy guarding him, Michael basically mindcontrolled him and made him shoot me. I was as good as dead until Laurance got me to the infirmary. That night, Michael wanted me killed because I heard Michael's whole conversation with Derek."

"How'd you escape?"

Dante sighed. "This is the part Zane should be here for. You three were all close and he wanted me to tell Zane too."

"Who, Dante? Who?"

"Vylad. Vylad was with us too, he was a part of the GF for longer than us and he was already under Michael's control. He would break free every now and then. But the most recent time was after he heard Michael plan to kill me. He got to my room and barricaded the door. He got me clothes and made me jump out of the window into the pond."

"What happened to Vylad?" Garroth asked.

"I... I don't know. I heard gunshots but then I was under water. When I came back up it was quiet and someone was at the window, probably looking for me. Vylad told me to tell you that he's sorry." Dante finished.

Garroth stared at the ground. "Vylad... he's here and... probably dead?"

"Laurance is a Captain, so Vylad might be alive. But Laurance is also really good at being undercover."

"I see... thank you Dante. We should go find and tell Zane."

"Right. You go ahead... I need too... lie down." Like that, Dante collapsed.

Do you get it???

Ok, so I'm adding a thing in and I'm really excited for it! Let me know if you figured it out of it you have an idea of what it is! I'll give you a hint: Vylad.

The end of the season is coming! Excitement!

💜 ~ Bye