Chapter 9 - The Celestial Cannon

Those on Starlight, had gotten ready to go. Lucinda broke down hers, Kim's, and Laurance's armor and they were passed around the six of them.

After going over what little they knew, they went to the docks.

Laurance made the rest of them hide as he took the boat.

"Captain! We've been waiting on you to get to the island." One of the soldiers said. "Where's your armor?"

"Put to good use. We have some people coming with us." He waved the others over.

"Sir! Those are the ones we're supposed to be capturing!" One of them exclaimed.

"I know. Problem?" Laurance raised an eyebrow, nodding for the others to get on the ship.

"We can't allow them on."

"I still outrank you, and..." he grabbed the barrel of one soldier and slammed it into the other's head. He threw the other over his shoulder and slammed him on the ground before hitting him in the head. Effectively knocking them both out.

"Whoa, when'd you learn how to do that?" Aphmau asked as Laurance dropped the gun.

"Training." Laurance answered. "You gotta be good to join the Guardian Forces."

"Oh."

They got on the boat. Dante, even though he had trouble standing, he, Zane, and Kawaii-Chan manned the boat and got it going.

"Laurance? What are you doing?" Kim asked.

Laurance was at the back of the boat with his radio, listening. He brought a finger to his lips, telling Kim to stay quiet before holding the button on his radio.

"Again, I am only transmitting orders. All ships by the island must be gone within the hour."

"I... yes sir. They'll be gone."

"Good." He clicked off the radio then looked over at Kim. "Now all the ships will be out of the way when we get there. We shouldn't have a problem getting on the island."

"Oh, I guess it's a good thing one of our friends is a high ranking officer than." She said.

Laurance chuckled. "I guess."

Once by the cannon, they came to a stop and climbed up.

One by one they climbed up. Just as Laurance was pulling Dante up, the cannon began to shake.

They began to scream and try to steady themselves.

"What's going on?!" Lucinda demanded.

"He can't be... EVERYONE HOLD ONTO SOMETHING!" Terry yelled.

"Guys?" Laurance called. He was barely able to stay on the cannon while keeping a grip on Dante.

"Oh no." Zane let Kawaii-Chan down, she held onto the ground as the whole place shook, and ran over to help.

Just as Zane grabbed Dante's other arm, the cannon shot into the air.

They pulled the injured bluenet up against the rushing wind and slowly it came to a stop.

"Thanks." Dante panted.

"Yeah, thanks." Laurance nodded.

Zane just nodded. It took a bit to pull someone up normally, it's another thing when the wind is pushing them down.