Chapter 10 - Brothers

The group spilt up.

Laurance went with Kim and Aphmau to the central cannon while Lucinda went to check on Katelyn. Zane was with Kawaii-Chan and Dante in the same place as before.

Dante was sitting across the hall from Kawaii-Chan, he was a lot worse than he let on and was even losing consciousness.

"Zane... you have to go." Kawaii-Chan said, in pain. "You need to help them. I'll stay here. Dante and I'll be fine."

"But you need help!" Zane argued. "Both—" he looked over his shoulder at Dante. "Dante?"

"Yeah?" Dante lifted his head back up weakly.

"Dante, you look horrible." Kawaii-Chan said. Dante's face was drained of all color.

"I'm fine, don't worry about it. And Zane, Kawaii-Chan's right. They'll need your help. Lucinda's up there alone with Katelyn."

Zane looked down, he had to protect them. More specifically Kawaii-Chan, but he wasn't just going to abandon Dante when he looked like a ghost. Then again, they weren't wrong. If Katelyn got out, Lucinda might be able to take her but most likely not.

He sighed and nodded. "But before anything happens, I'll be here." He stood up and began to walk down the hallway to make sure the coast was clear for the time being.

Then, he froze.

(I was rewatching this part of the episode, and the exact moment Zane's eyes widened the music stopped. It was scary)

Garroth walked up the steps. Sword in hand—the exact one he used to cut Kawaii-Chan—as he approached.

Zane backed up as Garroth drew closer.

He looked back at Kawaii-Chan, who was trying to stand. Dante was completely out of it now.

He looked back at Garroth, looking at his softly glowing green eyes, and lifted his fists.

Garroth leapt at him.

"Lucinda!" Kawaii-Chan cried, seeing Katelyn leap across the hole toward her friend.

Zane dodged the sword swing and went to punch him. Garroth shoved him with his shoulder then slashed his sword, cutting Zane's shoulder.

"Gah!" Zane gasped.

Garroth dropped the sword and started to punch Zane in the face.

Zane sucker-punched Garroth hard, making the blond werewolf stumble back.

Zane's eyes widened in shock and fear. Garroth glare hardened.

He came closer and threw a punch, Zane went under it and kicked Garroth back again.

"Garroth please! Stop this!" Zane pleaded.

Garroth didn't say anything. He grabbed Zane's collar and lifted him up before throwing him out the window.

"ZANE!" Kawaii-Chan screamed. She tried to stand but fell down again.

Garroth picked up his sword and went to the window.

Zane stood. "Nana's still up there." He looked up. "COME ON! FIGHT ME!"

Garroth smirked.

He jumped down, landing in front of Zane and making Zane stumble and fall back.

A small dust cloud formed around them for a minute.

Zane stood. "Garroth please. I know you're still in there." Zane said. "Please, fight back!"

Garroth swung at him.

"Garroth! Please! It's Zane! I'm your brother!" Zane begged, dodging Garroth's attacks. One landed and cut him across his chest. "Someone is controlling you!" He fell to his knees. "You aren't doing this yourself! Please don't let them win!"