Chapter 5 - Two out, one left

Vylad growled and gained control again. He pulled out his communicator and set it to Laurance's frequency.

"Captain, are you alone? Over."

"Yeah, Vylad?"

"Look. Derek Lycan is in custody. But Michael had Jack Cross shoot Dante. He's bleeding out, you need to go get him soon."

Laurance's eyes widened at the walkie-talkie.

"Thanks, I'll take care of him."

Laurance turned off it off and walked out. He motioned two guards with him.

"Didn't you both hear that?" He demanded.

"Hear what sir?"

"The gunshot. I heard it from downstairs."

"We should go investigate."

They came to the door.

"Cross, what's the word?" Laurance questioned.

"Captain?"

"We heard gunshots. Did the Ultima try anything?"

"No sir. No gunshots."

"You wouldn't mind if I checked, would you?" Laurance said, challenging him.

"Sorry sir, but someone with a higher level is in there right now and said he wanted privacy. I can contact you when he is gone."

After Michael left, Cross called Laurance who entered in with Cross.

"Why is Scarlento on the ground and bleeding?" Laurance turned on Cross.

"Orders."

Laurance sighed. "Traitors aren't killed, they're imprisoned. Get him to the infirmary. Now."

Cross did as he was told and took Dante to the infirmary.

"It's Aaron, isn't it?" Laurance looked over at Derek. "You're not the Ultima anymore."

"What do you mean? Who are you?"

Laurance pulled his helmet off. "Laurance Zhavl, I'm pretty sure you know who I am since you needed to know everyone who Aaron interacted with."

"You... you betrayed them?!"

"No. I'm doing what's right." Laurance corrected. "Good day, Mr. Lycan." Laurance put his helmet back on and left.

Dante recovered, thank Irene, he had information though. And Michael knew it, and so did Vylad.

Vylad slipped into Dante's hospital room.

"Dante! Get up!" He hissed, tossing the bluenette a red jacket, jeans, and a white shirt.

Dante pulled the clothes on quickly as he climbed out of the bed. He crumpled and Vylad caught him.

"What's going on?" It was dark out, late after midnight.

"You heard them, Derek and Michael?"

Dante bit tongue.

"I'm in control for now. I know you heard them and so does Michael." Vylad helped Dante over to the window, they were on the third floor. Where a pond was nearby. "He's going to kill you, I heard their plan. You have to escape."

"What?!"

They heard footsteps just outside. Vylad grabbed an automatic gun.

"Go, find the others. Tell my family I'm sorry, ok?"

"Vylad—"

"Go now." Vylad went and pushed a dresser in front of the door as it was pushed open.

Dante growled and jumped out the window, he could feel his side, where he was shot, burn as he fell but shoved the pain away.

He could hear shooting above him but then he was submerged underwater. He swam across the pond and resurfaced.

Dante climbed out and hid in the bushes before looking back. A soldier was in the window, looking around. But Vylad was nowhere to be seen.

Dante found a hotel and hid under the stairs of the stairway room... place. He let himself dry off.

Then the next morning, he went onto the boardwalk. He stayed in an alley and looked at a screen. Just in time as well.

"Attention, we have a new fugitive. Dante Scarlento, a known friend of the Lycan's." His photo was on the screen. Of him back on Lover's Lane, green jacket and all.

Dante pulled his red hood over his blue hair and painfully entered a store.

He bought some bandages and a bit of food.

When he returned to the alley he hid in the night before, he redressed his side.

"I. Hate. Guns." He muttered as he tied it off and took a bite of the apple he had.

When he finished, he started walking on the boardwalk.

As he arrived at the Adventure Park, he saw three people appear in the air and fall to the ground. Two girls and one guy.

"Oww." One of the girls groaned.

The guy sat up and coughed. "Well that was fun!"

"A werewolf!" A bystander gasped, the guy was a werewolf.

Lucinda gasped. "Garroth! Your ears!"

"Someone call the Guardian Forces!"

People all around them scattered.

"You put us right in the middle of the adventure park!?" Garroth demanded.

"It was my second time casting that spell!" Lucinda defended.

"We need to hide! Now!" Kim said and they ran off.

Dante followed them. At a large distance that got bigger as he shuffled after them.

Questions? Comments? Concerns?

I know the subject of Dante's last name is painful. But I don't know where or when but I was told that his last name is Scarlento. Since then it's always been there. Like in Harry Potter, Neville's Mom's maiden name is Alice Fortescue to me. It was the first one I saw and therefore it stuck.

So he's not Ocean or Knight in this one. It's Scarlento. And if anyone has any idea where I got that from please tell me because I have zero proof of this and it's annoying me to no end.

Anyway, Dante's on the run. Vylad is (maybe dead) captured. And Laurance is a Captain hunting down all of his friends. My boys aren't having a good summer.

💜 ~ Bye