Chapter 2 - Another Familiar Face

Vylad was annoyed.

He frankly didn't know much, but he knew what they were hunting and knew it was one of the Lycan's. But he didn't get the chance to tell Laurance that, Laurance, a person who didn't have Michael in their mind, before Michael locked him in his mental cage.

Vylad banged on his walls, trying to break them. Punching, kicking, fighting all her could. But it was like it was made of bedrock. He couldn't break it.

"What did I say?"

Vylad swallowed and turned around. "Don't try to help Laurance..."

"And what did you do? Try to help Laurance. You surrendered your control because of that."

"You won't be able to keep a hold on me long. I'm stronger than you think." Vylad argued, really, he was just bluffing and that was known. Of the Ro'meave brothers, it was Garroth who had strength, not Vylad.

"Sure, but meanwhile I have a hold. And I'll be keeping it as long as I want." He disappeared leaving Vylad alone in his own mind.

Laurance joined the Guardian Forces, he told Zane and Garroth that he was visiting family for the summer and they believed him.

He rode with Captain Toby, Vylad, and a couple other guards to a facility. Where he had flashbacks to college. Everyone was given a room which connected to a dorm. Three people to each dorm.

Laurance shared a dorm with Vylad and one of the other guys who came with them.

They all had armor and a helmet. So none of them knew who each other was. Vylad and Laurance only knew who the other was because they got into the car at the same time and therefore noted their tag number and symbol.

Laurance went to the other guy and put his helmet under one arm. "Hey, guess we're dormmates. Laurance Zhavl."

"No way!" The other guy pulled his helmet off to reveal blue hair and matching eyes. "It's Dante!"

"Dante? You too?" Vylad cursed, but neither heard him since he was inside his mind prison.

"Who's he?" Dante asked. 'Vylad' took his helmet off.

"Vylad Ro'meave, Garroth and Zane's little brother." 'Vylad' answered.

"I remember you from high school! You were one of Aph's... things. What were they called?"

"Not-Alone-Buddies. Yeah, I'm going to go and crash for the night, sorry." 'Vylad' pushed one of the doors open and went in. Leaving Laurance and Dante alone.

"What's up with him? He was a lot more... preppy in high school. And when he visited a couple years ago when I shared a house with you, Garroth, and Travis." Dante said.

"I don't know, he changed last night. He was scared of what the people here have been doing, he was rushed and trying to tell me things too." Laurance sighed. "I have a feeling something here is wrong..."

"Oh definitely. We need to find out what though." Dante agreed.

They thought for a minute before Dante had an idea.

"We could climb ranks. This week and the next is training. Depending on how well you do shows the rank that you start as. If we do really well, we could get Captain, or Sergeant, or maybe General or Commander." Dante suggested.

Laurance nodded. "Yeah, climb the ranks and learn what we can. Let's hole we aren't caught... and don't tell Vylad."

"Why?"

"I have a feeling, just don't tell him."

"Alright, your call. Let's get some rest while we can."

Laurance nodded in agreement and both blue-eyed newbies went to their respective rooms. Shutting it behind them.