Chapter 4 - Starlight Wonderland

Laurance cocked his gun and looked over the map in front of him.

"Sir!" His bead snapped up at the door as a soldier ran in. "A speedboat is heading toward the resorts fast! What are our orders?"

Laurance wanted to tell them to let it pass. "Who is on it?"

"Two men, one of them looks like an agent of the Lycan Corp."

Begrudgingly, Laurance gave his order. "Open fire, don't hit the passengers. Just stop the ship."

"Yes sir!"

The soldier ran off.

Laurance turned off the electric table and put his helmet on before heading out.

He came outside just as the boat crashed onto the beach.

"Beta and Gamma, go after them." Laurance ordered when they looked to him. "Delta and Charlie, begin searching inland."

The four teams nodded and ran onto the island.

Laurance followed Charlie.

He saw movement in one of the houses.

"Sir?"

"Go search that house down there. I'll check this one."

"Should you be going alone?"

Laurance turned on him. "Are you questioning my orders? I can handle myself, we've already searched this area so it's just a double check."

The team nodded and ran toward a house. Laurance entered one where he saw movement.

He looked over the bottom floor sparingly then went upstairs where he saw the person inside.

He looked around, hand on his gun.

Someone tackled him and his unclipped helmet fell off.

"L-Laurance?" Above him, was a blonde werewolf with familiar cyan blue eyes. Garroth Ro'meave, his best friend.

Laurance's eyes widened he took advantage of Garroth's shock to push him off of him and he pressed a hand to his earpiece. Static.

"Laurance you..."

"There's no signal. We can talk." Laurance said. "You... you're a werewolf? Was it Aaron?"

"How did you know?"

Laurance tapped the symbol on his shoulder. "Guardian Forces. I'm a Captain. I am doing my best to keep you guys all safe." He explained. "You need to get out of here, and whoever else is with you. There's a team in the house across the street and on the other road. The woods are clear, you can get back to the main island from there."

"Laurance..."

"Garroth. I'm sorry." Laurance sighed. "I would love to talk, I want everything to go back to normal but that's not happening any time soon. So just get out and I'll cover your tracks."

"R-Right." An old man came in and Laurance went to pick up his helmet.

"And don't tell anyone. Please. I can't risk getting caught."

"Why?" The man asked.

"There are people I'm protecting right now, I get caught and they will be too." Laurance answered. "Be careful."

They nodded and left. Laurance waited a while before leaving himself.

"Captain! This sector is secure!"

Laurance nodded. "Good. Move onto sector two and meet up with Delta afterwards."

Laurance told Dante about it when he returned to base.

"Garroth's a werewolf? That means he ran into the Ultima."

"Meaning it's definitely Aaron. We have to be careful. I was lucky that place didn't have any service."

"Yeah."

They split ways and Laurance continued his command.

Several days went by without a hitch. No sightings or any problems.

Then, Derek Lycan turned himself in.

Dante was one of the ones who had the guard him.

He had his gun trained on Derek reluctantly, but he played it off well.

Then, Michael came in.

"Sir?" Dante's partner, aka the other guy who was guarding Derek, went up to Michael. "Sir, it's dangerous. You shouldn't be here. Only authorized personnel are allowed in this room."

Michael grabbed his shoulder and Dante saw his eyes flash green. The same green that Vylad warned him about... and Michael looked a lot like someone Dante met a couple times, Terrance Valkrum, Travis' Dad.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, Michael. Of course you're allowed in here!" The other guard said, making Vylad's information true.

"Wait what?" Dante questioned.

"He has access to the Ultima." He explained to Dante.

Dante begrudgingly nodded. "I don't remember anyone saying he had access, Jack... must be new." Dante turned toward Michael. "New orders I presume?"

"Yes, now... it's a bit crowded. Isn't it?"

He looked over at Jack, the other GF, who's eyes flashed green.

"Jack? Whoa!" Dante held his hands up; Jack aimed gun at Dante. "Jack—"