Chapter 1

The Avatar, Aang, is enjoying a session of meditation in his home in the Southern Water Tribe. Aang, now in his late 30s, feels a sudden disturbance. He looks around but finds nothing.

   He walks to his now wife, Katara, and asks, "Did you feel that? Like a low rumble?"

   Katara makes a face of confusion and answers, "No I didn't. Is everything alright?"     

   Aang responds with, "It's probably nothing but I need to be sure, I'll be back in an hour or two."

   Aang kisses his wife on her cheek and leaves into the night.

  Aang travels to the shore on the edge of the ice surrounding the South Pole. He sits down and prepares to enter the spirit world. Aang breathes in and out and closes his eyes. His tattoos begin to glow and he enters the spirit world. As he enters a group of masked men in dark clothing come out of the water and tie Aang up and disappear into the darkness of the night.

   Aang is now in a swamp like plain in the spirit world.

   "Hello! Is anyone there? My name is Aang and I felt a disturbance here and I came to help." Aang says.

   His call goes unanswered. He roams the plain for a little while but he finds no one. No spirits, nothing that could have caused the disturbance. Aang assumes he was wrong and attempts to leave. But he can't, he's been trapped. He tries again and again to no avail. Aang then takes a seat in the swamp with a worried look on his face.