Chap 03

Much to my dismay; here me and my family were, standing before the yellow timbre-wood door. A 'WELCOME' sign hung up just below the peep hole. Aiden knocked twice and stepped back.

After a lot of shuffling and whispering, a woman in her late 30s opened up. She looked so warm in her knee length dress paired with a comfy sweater. She greeted us warmly, a huge smile plastered on her face. She hugged me tightly, introducing herself as Mrs Kim.

We went in where a man; probably in his early 40s, was sitting on a chair, his brows knitted together, sipping his cuppa (1). He looked up at us with a tight lipped smile, putting the cup down. He walked towards us.

The man's stern face skyrocketed my nervousness. My brother and I bowed together. I reached out for their hands. I gasped for air with my hello to uncle. My brothers looked at each other and wiped their hands at their pant pockets. My palms were sweaty as if I had washed them.

The mental war I was having inside was quite apparent to my brothers. As usual, they placed their hands on my shoulder and gently squeezed it which somewhat assured me.

"It's just a simple greeting. Stay calm, act normal." I chanted to myself repeatedly.

My head was in the clouds when someone uttered a "Ahem." I looked up to see the grunted man.

He introduced himself in a gruff voice, crossing his arms in the end.

It was then my turn to introduce myself and me, being me; did it ever so gracefully.

"Annyeonghaseyo jeoneun Bangtan Sonyeondan hwanggeum maknae Jeon Jung-erm sorry, Aria imnida."

I mentally face palmed myself.

*Way to go Aria. Now they're just gonna think you're some kind of freak and the furious man is gonna throw you out of his house.*

My inner self reminded me.

"We don't think of you as a freak dear and we won't certainly throw you out." Mrs Kim said, giggling slightly.

"Did I say that out loud?" I asked, my cheeks flushing with heat.

"Now we can't read minds, can we?" Mr Kim said in a mocking tone.

A boy came running down holding an adorable toddler with him.

I eased my tensed butt on their sofa. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. At this point, I was barely aware of anything but myself. Not just aware, I was hyper aware- hearing my heartbeat loudly in the ears with each expired breath.

"Umma, she started crying, again." The boy stated to his mum, looking irritated from all the crying he had to endure.

"It's fine. Here, give her to me." Her mother stretched out her arms.

As soon as her mum took her, she stopped crying and looked at us with a sheepish smile.

"She's so cute". The twins exclaimed at the same time.

Aaron requested her umma if he could hold her and she gladly allowed.