Chap 15

I prefer opening my eyes to the sun rays peeking through my window. Instead, it was my blaring alarm and the one I was supposed to get up at, seeing how I snoozed five already.

Yawning, I picked up my phone. The blinding light proved too much and I squinted my eyes. I opened them again, focusing on the digits above Bangtan's faces.

7:58 am.

Aishhh! I'm late.

Absent-mindedly searching for an outfit, I made my way to the bathroom. Managing everything in five minutes, I was down the stairs and standing beside my brothers who were about to step in the car. No doubt, leaving me behind.

"Took you long enough." Said Aiden but I ignored his comment and sat down, calming my heart.

Passing by the streets, an uneasy feeling stirred in my stomach which only meant one thing.

I was forgetting something.

But the only problem was, I didn't know what.

Bidding my goodbye to dad, I hopped out. The morning sun shone with its brilliant light and the sky was an unbroken backdrop of blue.

I entered the class with a befuddled look. The whole group was nowhere in sight except for InHo sitting at his usual spot, air pods tucked in.

The usual.

The past month has been anything but normal. SooMin was expelled after it was revealed that she had ADHD. Everyone eventually happened to know what kind of person she truly was. I would've befriended her if only she hadn't 'accidently' spilled juice on top of my head on her last day.

Dejected, I took my own seat beside InHo. The creaking sound of the chair did nothing in disturbing him. I took out my notebook, wanting to write a few lines.

"Why the long face?"

Startled, I glanced up. InHo had his eyes focused on my notebook. Upon seeing me, he raised an eyebrow.

"Nothing." I shrugged.

"You're wondering about the others?" He folded his arms, relaxing back in the chair.

"Kind of." I gave him a sheepish smile. I didn't want him to know that I wasn't appreciating his presence. If anything, at least I wasn't alone.

He observed me but didn't say anything. The slight smile on his face didn't go unnoticed but I didn't question it.

What was I forgetting?

I put my head on the desk as Mr Lee went on about the Joseon Dynasty. Somehow, the gentle breeze blowing the flimsy white curtains seemed more interesting than a trip back in history. Those topics bored me the most and besides; why care about something that happened in the past?

~

Only SaNa showed up by lunch, doing nothing in brightening up my mood. Time seemed to have stopped as I observed the cafeteria. Lazily, I kept on stuffing my face.

SaNa passed me a note, not caring how immensely focused I was on the lecture Ms Park was delivering.

"Enjoying Ari?" It stated.

I looked at her - dumbfounded. That's why she had to disturb me! Shaking my head at her, I wrote back.

"Very." And in the end, "Do not disturb."

That seemed to make her day as she burst into laughter, waking up the backbenchers whilst earning a pointed look from Ms Park.

Nobody wants to get on the bad side of Ms Park.