Chap 08

There In Ho was, standing in the doorway as if he arrived at the wrong time.

"I'll see you at school." In Ha exclaimed, breaking the awkward silence. 

         After waving at each other, I stepped out. In Ho gripped my arm unaware of the wounds SooMin gave me. I yelped under my breath. 

I turned around, faking a smile.

"See you at school." InHo spoke. A soft smile quirked up his lips. Even his eyes beamed. 

Oh. My. God.

To say that I was surprised would be an understatement. This was the first time InHo uttered a word to me. 

"Sure..." I stated, slowly moving my arm away.

 Despite Inho's healing smile, my wounds burned.

He sensed my uncomfortability and let his grip loose. He clenched his jaw. 

~

        I was petrified going to school on Monday. I could get a day off but what was I supposed to tell mum? You cannot just inform your parents that you don't want to go to school because you don't feel like it.

*Or in my case, because of being threatened.

Yes, I took the leap of faith to ask mum and she of course declined.

~

        So far, it was the second period and I've successfully avoided my friends. 

"What's wrong Ari?" InHa drew nearer, "You know you can talk to me." 

       Her concerning voice broke my heart. Deep down, I knew she didn't deserve a friend like me but what I was doing was for them. 

         I averted my gaze, pretending to focus on the class board.  She gave me one last look before her shoulders sagged and she scooted away.

~

        Grabbing my lunch tray from the cafeteria, I stepped outside. The squad called me. I ignored them, walking straight. There was another note placed on my tray the moment I picked it up.I scanned the cafeteria for Soo Min. She sat behind my friends, a wicked smile etched on her face. 

A smile scary enough to make me leave the cafeteria. 

       The least thing I wanted attending this school was attention and I was having plenty right now.

       Being the new girl, I was still unacquainted with the building. I went outside and sat on one of the benches. Goosebumps prickled up my arms. My breaths formed a wispy cloud each time I exhaled.

"You know, sitting in such weather can cause hypothermia, weaken your immune system or can even cause the body organs to go into shock. Not to forget, suffering from myocardial infarction."

         I didn't need to glance up to observe who was addressing me. The amount of science spice in his voice was enough of a hint.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, chinning up on taehyun.

"I can ask you the same thing," stated Tae Hyun, fixing his spectacles.

"I just want some alone time. You can go back, they all will be waiting for you." I spoke, not wanting to bother him with my life.

"I told everyone I have a test to study for." 
 He responded, somehow reading my thoughts.
"...and don't worry, you're not bothering me." 

"So, what made you sit here alone in this freezing weather?" He inquired.

"Just." I responded.

       He raised his eyebrow but nonetheless, situated himself with me on the damp bench.

"Is someone bothering you?" He questioned.

"N-no." I  peered down and then away at the horizon. The grass seemed more interesting than the conversation I HAD to avoid.

"Just so you know, talking helps. It leads to catharsis, relieving some pain and uplifts mood. The charged feelings become less charged." 

Taehyun, being the ultimate genius, offered.

         Not having a slight clue of what he blabbered, I nodded.

"I should get going. My glasses keep getting foggy."

"Thank you." I called, just when he floated away.

      Not sure whether he heard me or not, I smiled. Knowing someone actually cares enough to inspect the outside for me in this freezing weather.

~

I made my way back to the class. The corridor was empty. Soo Min perched out of nowhere behind me. I huffed. She slithered her fingers around my neck. Abruptly she reached for my pendant and tore it away.

I chased her all the way to the girl's restroom.

"Didn't I tell you to stay away from them bitch!!?" SooMin said, slamming me in the wall.

"I..I avoided them today." I stated, tears streaming down my face.

"Care to explain why you talked to InHa in the class then?" She snapped.

  I couldn't get myself to respond. I acknowledge that I'm an introvert and prefer not to talk but that does NOT mean I shouldn't stand for myself. I want to, I so badly want to but I hate myself for not being able to do so. 

     No matter how hard I pulled out all of the stops, I couldn't speak up. There was this lump in my throat, not letting me utter a single word.

Soo Min pulled out a blade.

    Everything around me seemed to engulf me. My breathing was uneven, my palms sweaty. I felt the world around me revolve and then I could only see one thing.

BLACK.

     ----------------------------------------------

Don't be a silent leader and tell me what u think of this chapter. I would love to know.