Chap 07

Friday; The only good word you can hear all week.

     Smiling that it was almost the weekend, I pulled the covers off. 

     Fast forward to School, after fifteen minutes of contemplating whether to fake an illness or not, here I was; sitting in English Class. Chris kept ranting how the class was boring and he should've skipped.

"DU DU DU DU DU DU
Ige uri tang tang tangtang," Was stuck in my head.

"Aria?" Chris whispered, breaking me out of my trance.

"Um, yes?"

"You were zoned out." He chuckled. 

"Oh." Was all I managed to say, barely staying in touch with reality. 

"Dude, it's just reading. Why are you focusing this much?" Chris turned to taehyun. 

"Do you even know what the class is about?" Taehyun replied, fixing his spectacles for what seemed to be the millionth time; eyes fixed on the board.

"Yeah." Chris stated, the confidence clear in his tone.

"So you know that preposition is a linking word but you can not end a sentence with it, though it might not seem wrong?" Taehyun quizzed.

"Y-yes." Chris replied, scratching the back of his head. 

"Okay class, so your weekend task is to write an essay. Make sure you write about 800-1000 words. I want it printed and on my desk, first thing on Monday morning."

"What?" Chris belted, gathering everyone's attention.

"Is there a problem Chris?" The teacher inquired. 

"No sir, no. 

Actually; yes. Don't you think 1000 words is loads?"

       The teacher just sighed while the rest of the class busted into laughter. As on cue, the bell rang. Nearing the exit, the teacher reminded us of our weekend task, eyeing Chris as he spoke.

-

"Why was the English teacher giving me the Look™…?" Chris questioned, entering the cafeteria.

"You're his favourite." Sa na taunted.

"Really!!!" His eyes lit up.

        They all stayed silent. In ho sympathetically patted him on the back.

          While getting my lunch, I was pushed three times in the queue. Sa na came and grabbed the food tray for me.

She ignored my "thanks" afterwards.

       We made our way towards the table. Sitting down, I couldn't help but notice the icy glares the other students shot my way.

-

"You guys go ahead. I'll meet you in the class." I mumbled to In ha while she giggled at Chris's joke.

        Knowing they all were occupied with their conversation, I got up, silently unfolding the note that was placed on my seat.