Chapter 20

I open my eyes to the sun shining straight into Ryder's bedroom. I try to ignore it by resting my arm over my eyes, but that doesn't work. I try to sit up, but Ryder's arms wrap around my waist, holding me down. I smile, looking over at Ryder, who sleeps peacefully beside me.

I lean down and kiss his lips, waking him up. After about a minute of kissing his still lips, I feel him wake up and take control, immediately sliding his tongue in. After a couple minutes of kissing, I pull away and rest my forehead on his, "How did you sleep?" He asks me, his eyes closed.

"Wonderful." I say, getting off the bed. I watch as Ryder's eyes glisten over with lust again, but they soon come back to their normal color. I laugh at him before walking over to the window, pulling the curtains close before jumping back into bed.

Ryder pulls me into his lap and I straddle his legs. "I love your mark," he whispers, kissing my neck. I shiver at the contact, and lean against him, loving the high he gave me. He stops his attack on my mark and kisses my forehead. "Why don't you get ready for the day and I'll go make breakfast." He mumbles against my forehead. I simply nod against him.

I stand up, giving him one last kiss to before walking over to the bathroom. I take a long shower, letting the hot water relax all of my muscles.

When I finally get out of the bathroom, wrapping a towel around myself and walk over to my closet and put on a black shirt and a pair of blue shorts. I towel dry my hair before putting it yet another loose bun and then start looking to find my boys.

I walk down the hall to look for Carter in his room, but before I get there, I hear laughing coming from downstairs. I get to where the noise is coming from, and see my boys.

"Daddy no! We can't have ice cream for breakfast!" Carter yells.

"Why not?" Ryder whines, pouting at Carter.

"Because Daddy...You are not supposed to eat sugar for breakfast, right Carter?" I say, stepping out into the kitchen and over to my baby, giving him a kiss of his forehead, "Good Morning baby." I tell Carter.

"Good morning momma." He says.

I feel Ryder come up behind me and wrap his arms around my waist, "Good morning my love." he whispers, kissing my neck before turning back to stove where he has pancakes cooking on the griddle. 

After about a minute of silence, Ryder speaks up again. "Hey, we have to get ready after we eat, we have to be at the school by 8."

"Why do we have to go to the school?" I ask curiously.

"We have to enroll Carter in school..." He says in a duh tone, which earls a scowl from me.

"Yay! School! Will Karley be there?" Carter asks, and Ryder nods, and my eyes get wide.

"Babe, we didn't tell Carter about his special talent." I whisper in his ear as he plates the stack of pancakes.

"Shit that's right," He replies, "Do you want to tell him?" He says as he walks over to the table with the pancakes, already serving Carter two of them so he can eat.

"Well duh. It's not like we can go back to human life now..." I say, pointing at my neck with a fresh mark.

I hear Ryder chuckle, before sitting down on his chair, "Okay, we'll tell him after breakfast."

I nod, sending a reassuring smile to Carter, who seems generally uninterested.

The rest of breakfast is pretty quiet, at least in the real world. In my head, my mind was racing at 200 miles per hour! What if Carter doesn't understand? What if he doesn't want to be a wolf? What if....