Chapter 22

I wake up the next morning to lips attempting to kiss me awake.

"Good Morning Beautiful," Ryder mumbles against my lips as he sees my eyes start to flutter open. As soon as I am somewhat conscious, I start kissing him back.

"Mmmm. Now that's how you wake someone up in the morning" I say, breaking the kiss to let my head rest on his chest, my ear listening to his strong heartbeat, "What time is it?" I ask.

"Almost 1, we slept in. The only reason I woke up was because Marley was yelling at me saying she needed time to work her magic," he chuckles, letting his fingers delicately trail down my spine, "are you excited for your Luna Ceremony tonight?" 

"Yeah but I'm also a little nervous. I don't want anyone to still think of me as the girl that cheated on the Alpha" I reply, copying his motions on his stomach, tracing the indents of his muscles. 

He shakes his head, "Trust me, no one is still thinking that. Hell, no one can even remember who started that stupid rumor." He sits up and kisses my forehead, "And if anyone does still think that, I will happily be the one to tell them they are wrong."

I giggle, sitting up while holding our bedsheet to my chest, "Have I ever told what an amazing mate you are?" I ask

"I mean you tell me all the time when we're making lo-"

I jump into his lap, pressing my finger to his lips, "Get your head out of the gutter!" I say, dropping my hand as he laughs. I shake my head as I climb off of him, "I'm going to go take a shower, Marley is going to be here soon with Carter to help me get ready."

"Can I come?" He asks, his smile widening while his eyes darken with lust.

"Are you asking me or telling me?" I tease, dropping the sheet before walking into the bathroom. 

I swear to god I've never seen Ryder move that fast to get to the bathroom.

~~~

After our shower, we both walk down into the kitchen and start cooking breakfast, waiting for Marley to bring our son over.

Ryder bumps me with his hip playfully, "So when did you want to pop out another one?"

"Pop out another what?" I ask, scrambling some eggs in a bowl.

"Another baby, babe. I want to have another baby"

I drop the fork in the bowl, shocked by his response, "You want another baby?" I ask, looking at him like he grew horns.

He leans back on the counter, grabbing my waist and pulling me to his chest, "Of course I want another baby. Don't get me wrong I love Carter and I'll die before anything happens to him, but I also want to experience seeing my child's first breath and their first word and all the other things I didn't get to be a part of with Carter."

I shake my head, "I'm sorr-"

"No, don't apologize. You were right to keep me away from Carter. I wasn't going to be a good father to him then, but I'm ready now," he replies but as soon as he looks at my face his demeanor changes, "You don't want more children..." he assumes.

I scoff, standing on my tippy toes to lightly kiss his lips, "Of course I want more kids with you Ryder. I just don't think now is the right time. We still have to deal with Rico and all of his bullshit before we can even think about bringing another life into the world."

He nods in understanding, placing his hands on my stomach, "I just can't wait to see you pregnant with my child. I bet you looked sexy as hell"

I laugh, pushing his hands away before going back to the eggs, "Yeah, well don't get too excited. Be prepared for me to be moody and hungry ALL the time."