6) pool day

Narrators Pov.

Jeff and Keri went to go get groceries for the family. Renesme and the Seavey siblings decided to have a pool day because it was a really nice sunny day.

"Cannon ball!" Christian yells running to the pool and jumping in with his knees tucked.

"Esme, come here" Anna smiles taking her hand.

Tyler and Daniel both jumped in the pool passing a volleyball back and forth with Christian.

Ren and Anna are seated on a lounge chair, the plan to take in the sun.

"Is it warm in Canada?" Anna speaks

"Yeah, just depends which part if you go more up it's cold but Toronto can get pretty hot" Ren replies

"Was it weird being around a bunch of strangers?" Anna asked

"It was at first but it was comforting knowing that you were so open about it" Ren smiles "maybe one day you can meet my brothers and oooo we could go snowboarding or ziplining"

"I'm guessing you've done both" Anna laughs

"Yup, did I want to at first? No. But did I love it? Yes!" Ren smiles "plus it was some great photos"

"Wait did you go snowboarding with your camera?" Anna asks

"For some of it, but ziplining I went the entire time with my camera"

"Was it hard to do either?"

"Not really, ziplining I had it around my neck so I wasn't worried about dropping it and snowboarding I just had to land on my back when I fell" Ren shrugs

"Honestly it would be cool if I went on a trip and stayed at your place for a bit"

"Yess! Except you would have the option to go home anytime"

Anna was about to speak when a wet volleyball comes towards them.

"Dumbass" Ren mumbles under her breath

Anna caught her and simply laughed under her own breath throwing the ball back.

"It's been what, almost a week? You have to put up with them for a lot longer probably" Anna laughs

"I know, at home I know my place so I know my limits and I would push on them. But here I have no clue, and I don't want to go over board" Ren sighs

"Don't worry, if someone tries kicking you out which isn't likely. I'll be here saying they just have to deal with it"

Ren laughs from her comment "thank you, I appreciate that" she smiles "I'm gonna be honest, I thought it was weird on how well we got along. Like I wasn't expecting it"

"Why not?"

"Well I grew up with brothers so I tend to always have a group of guys around me. At first I would be rude because that's the way I grew up with two older brothers and then if I liked them I would hang out with them more" Ren explains "Whenever I would talk to another girl, they were always so different and I didn't like how different it was" Ren sighs "with you, we have so much in common like growing up with older brothers"

"I get that, and I'm glad you like me" Anna smiles

"I'm glad I met you, hopefully I don't offend you. Everyone else I don't care but I think girls have a lot of drama to them and for me the guys I surround myself are just straight forward"

"Yeah, some people are like that but not everyone" Anna reassures

"Yeah, just the people I've met have been like that" Ren sighs

"How about we go jump in the pool?" Anna says, lightening up the mood

"Hell yeah!" Esme cheers

Anna goes down the steps while Renesme is patiently waiting for Anna to get the floaties.

"Do you think you can make it?" Anna says

"No, I'm pretty sure if I jump I'll fall on the other side"

Anna moves it closer and counts Ren down. Ren jumps on the floaties luckily and almost unreal. She lands on the floaties.

That was for about 3 seconds and then it flips over and she falls into the pool. Moments later she goes to the surface laughing.

"I was close" Ren laughs

"Daniel did you get that?" Anna asks Daniel who is at the edge of the pool with his phone

"Yeah, I think so" Daniel says causing Ren to swim over and playfully beg to see the video

Daniel shows Ren the video and they're both smiling. Everyone was smiling from a wonderful pool day.

 Everyone was smiling from a wonderful pool day