004

[ thoughts ; dialogue

[ kyouka izumi ] 

I shake the umbrella to remove the water droplets due to the rain. I looked behind me to see Midoriya and Iida who just arrived with me as well. I nod at them who simply greeed me good morning. 

"How are you, Kyouka-chan?" Iida asked me and I shrugged my shoulders as we continued to walk to class. "You're a person with few words huh?" Iida said and I nod as a response. 

"I just talk when I need to." I simply said and they just sweat dropped at my response which made me turn to them. "But I talk alot when I become close to you." I said and they just smiled. 

"That's good, we'll look forward to that." Midoriya said and I nod to them. 

We entered the classroom and sat onto our seats. While we were waiting for the first bell to ring, the rest were talking about how they were recognized right after the sports festival. 

"You also got some screen time right Kyouka?" I looked at Sero and nod. 

"Of course, she was the one who went on full ahead Bakugou." Mina said and I shrugged. 

"Didn't think that it would get much attention anyway." I said and looked at them. 

"You did just get into a full fight with Bakugou who was shown to have a hard time with you." Ojiro said and Bakugou snapped. 

"What did you say!?" 

As the first bell rang, Aizawa-sensei entered the classroom. I noticed that he didn't wear his bandages anymore and as well as Tsui-chan who voiced it out. 

"The old lady went overboard with her treatment." He said as he scratched a part of his cheek. "More importantly, we're having a special hero informatics class today." 

Once he said this, the entire class stiffened to wonder what we were going to do for today's homeroom. I just stared at Aizawa-sensei to know what will happen for today unlike everyone else. 

"Code names." 

He simply said and the rest celebrated at how exciting it is, unlike me of course. As the celebrated, he used his quirk for a second to calm the class down. 

"This is related to the pro hero draft picks I mentioned the other day. The drafts begin in earnest in the second and third years, after students have gained experience and can become immediate assets to the pros. In other words, for them to send offers to first years like you shows them that they are interested in your future potential. These offers are often cancelled if the interest dies down by graduation." He explained. 

"So we'll have to prove ourselves once we get picked, huh?" Hagekura asked and Aizawa-sensei agreed. 

Aizawa-sensei then proceeded to view the the total of offers in our class. Showing the vast difference between the few people who actually got offers and the top two students in the classroom, the number being opposite to their standing in the sports festival. 

"People were actually scared to ask for the guy that was chained to the pole, ya know." Sero said and Bakugou being Bakugou, snapped. 

"What were the pros afraid of?!" I smiled to myself as I always found him funny despite of his short tempered tendencies. 

I looked at the board and I wasn't that surprised that there were no offers that came for me. No one really wanted to take someone who's specialty is martial arts and claims for their quirk be speed.