𝗦𝗜𝗫 // beyond comprehension

WEAKNESS #6
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
❝ He loves to stand out. ❞

☾ 𓅓

I BELIEVED in schedules.

I found comfort in knowing exactly what needed to be done and when they needed to be done.

To organize and complete my responsibilities in an efficient manner... if I can do just that, then I would be less susceptible to the growing pressure of it all, but I couldn't afford to get complacent, either.

Falling behind on one of my obligations may not seem like much, but soon and surely enough, I'll be drowning in unfinished tasks, hindering Fukurōdani's progress as an established academy. I would prove to be the defective cog in this delicate machine, inconveniencing the student council, my instructors, the administrators, my peers, everyone.

Usually at this point of my overthinking, Tokyo had somehow already collapsed — and with it, the world's economy.

Toshi and Mitsu would normally yank me back into reality and tell me that procrastinating on filing duties typically didn't lead to global panic, but they weren't here, so now, it seems that my thoughts have developed into the United States declaring nuclear war, and we're five days away from the end of all things to come.

If it wasn't obvious already, I'm not much of a fan of surprises and last-minute requests.

It sounds boring to prefer the predictable, but you know the saying, right?

Look before you leap.

And to think, of all the times I've been wary about jumping into situations too quickly...

"Pardon the intrusion."

... I landed myself in this one.

"Oh? It's Tomoyo-chan," a familiar, sleepy drawl sounded to the left of the gym's entrance, and I caught sight of the two managers pushing a cart of stacked chairs. Yukie sent me her signature curly grin. "You made it."

"Y-Yeah... hello." I greeted them with a strained smile before turning to the coaches on the bench, bowing my head as they nodded at me in return.

"Mochi-Mochi!" a voice boomed across the gym, and I glanced over to find the captain waving his arms vigorously to grab my attention. "You're here! You came!"

Konoha-kun raised his eyebrows, surprised. "You actually showed up."

"Of course, she did! She promised me she would! Mochi isn't the type of person who reneges on her promises..." Bokuto-kun proceeded to nudge the team's setter and stared at him inquisitively.

Akaashi-kun remained unperturbed as he blinked at the third-year, confirming, "You used 'renege' correctly, yes."

As the ace celebrated his achievement, Konoha-kun approached me with a shake of his head, saying, "Haven't you learned anything about striking deals with Bokuto? What are you? A gambler? A sadist?"

"It seems that way, doesn't it?" I sighed and crossed my arms. "It's just difficult for me to turn down someone so excitable and relentless."

"As the inspiration and model for my infamous Student Council Ghost story, you should really be more aggressive, you know?"

"You and Toshi said the same thing... but, wait, shouldn't I have you to blame for even making up those rumors in the first place? You're the entire reason why my reputation doesn't precede me."