𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘 // that which holds value

WEAKNESS #9
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
❝ He loves spikes in volleyball,
as well as in hairstyle...
perhaps a bit too much.❞

☾ 𓅓

"YOU MADE HIM DINNER?"

"Yep. Omurice and all."

As we exited the train station, Toshi gave me a short chuckle that was most likely out of disbelief rather than amusement. "So, what are you going to do now? Feed Bokuto every time he gets tutored? Like some kind of Pavlov experiment?"

"No, no, no. I decided that we should avoid going to my apartment as much as possible," I responded, shaking my head at my own self. "I was far too fixated on making sure the food was alright, refilling his drinks, asking him if he was comfortable... I ended up being a waitress in my own home."

"So much for not letting people walk over you, huh?" he quipped, quirking up a corner of his lips. "Where do you two plan on studying then?"

"A family restaurant not too far from the train station."

"Well, you're still sort of feeding him," he countered, but my unamused eyebrow lift caused him to surrender the notion. "And I'm guessing the idea of tutoring at his place was too much?"

"Not that it was too much, per se, but it was more like I didn't want to intrude and burden anyone with my presence. Besides, Bokuto-kun's house is a bit farther than mine, and he said he'd feel terrible keeping me out too late and letting me go home on my own."

"Isn't that chivalrous of him?"

"Was it? I thought it was because I might cause an urban legend about the neighborhood being haunted if I walk around at night."

"I don't think that's supposed to be your first concern, Tomoyo," he advised with a sigh. "But I suppose it makes sense that you wouldn't want to spend your evenings in the intimate and private space that is a high school boy's bedroom. If that were to happen, then the tutor-student relationship would take an illicit step further and — "

"Did you read too much shōjo manga or something?" I snickered. "You don't usually speak of such soapy, romantic plots, so it's kind of surprising."

"Now that you mention it," Toshi muttered, his expression darkening by the second. "I've been spending a lot of time with the drama club lately."

A straitlaced, prickly vice president surrounded by the notoriously flamboyant theatre kids — now that was a sight to behold. "Drama club? What for?"

"You've heard about them moving rooms, right? I visited them a while ago just to see how their progress was going, and I ended up doing most of the cleaning and heavy lifting."

"Okay, I understand the cleaning part, but heavy lifting? You?"

"Alright, then," Toshi pressed his lips into a line, displeased by my remark. "I did most of the heavy cleaning and light lifting."

"Now, I find that believable," I teased, causing him to scoff and roll his eyes. "But why are you even helping out? Getting involved with clubs on that kind of level is out of your character."

"Look, the only reason I'm overseeing the move is because Kanechika is absolutely hopeless when it comes to organization. I mean, it's just too painfully ironic for a club president to not have a single sense of structure," he groaned, frustrated just by the mere memory of it all. "He may be infamous for his hoarding tendencies, but I never anticipated them to be that bad until I witnessed the chaos with my own eyes."