𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗟𝗩𝗘 // the dare to continue

WEAKNESS #12
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
❝ He absolutely hates being told,
'You can't do it.' ❞

☾ 𓅓

"AND HERE I THOUGHT you wanted to snuff out the horror story rumors, not fan their flames."

I snaked my fingers around Mitsu's arm and gripped her bicep as we walked through the corridor, leaning against her and wincing with each step, "Half of me already feels dead... My legs are about to give out any moment now."

She peered at me curiously then pressed her cheek against the side of my head. "I knew you were looking a little wobbly since this morning. Care to enlighten me?"

"Well, you know how there was that student council meeting yesterday? The one with the admins?"

"Uh-huh."

"And the boys' volleyball team had their first match of the season at the same time?"

"Sure."

"Well, right before the meeting started, I kind of... rushed to the tournament's venue to bring Bokuto-kun some equipment he left on campus."

Silence took over as Mitsu stopped in her tracks. She tugged my grasp off her arm and clamped onto my shoulders, leveling with me eye-to-eye. Her expression hardened into a stern one.

"Tomo."

"Y-Yeah?"

"Are you absolutely positive you're not a ghost? Because there's no way Naitō Toshinori didn't murder you or curse you for missing that big meeting."

Chuckling, I gave her hands a reassuring pat. "Don't worry. He didn't yell at me that much, especially with President Shimazaki mediating. Both of them... they were more worried than they were angry."

After all the adults left the room, I immediately knew I was in for a lecture. Toshi's crossed arms and rigid stature telegraphed a powerful harangue to be hurled my way, and while he did call me a reckless, thoughtless, senseless fool who does nothing but shorten his lifespan, he ended up thanking the heavens for getting me back to campus safely.

"I almost called your sister, you know," he grumbled, gaze averted to the side but glowing red ears in full view. Our student council leader giggled beside him. "Never scare me like this again! Swear it, Mochizuki Tomoyo!"

"Oh, Toshinori, that tsundere," Mitsu chuckled. "He and Shimazaki were pretty generous to let you off the hook so easily, though."

I sighed, remembering the feeling of relief upon hearing their — or, rather, President Shimazaki's direct words of forgiveness.

"I did leave on my own without telling them, so they must've gotten a big shock to have Fujiwara-kun deliver the news about my sudden... departure. I'm just glad I made it back in time."

"Wait, you actually made it? Is it even possible to run there and back in less than an hour?" She cupped her chin and narrowed her eyes at me. "Wasn't the match in Aoyama? Are you, like, training with Shun-san in the mornings or something? Or have you secretly been an insane marathon runner this entire time?"

"It was in Aoyama, but I didn't run. I borrowed Fujiwara-kun's bicycle."

Her jaw dropped. "You? Bike?"

"How is that more surprising than me running?"

"Because I haven't seen you on a bike since we were in elementary school! Even now, I can't imagine it! No wonder you're so sore!"