𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡 // darkness, one inch ahead

WEAKNESS #7
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
❝ He doesn't like being left
out of the loop. ❞

☾ 𓅓

"SOME THINGS JUST never change..."

I chuckled in agreement with the Nekoma captain as the cluster continued towards the family restaurant.

After the match, Mitsu suggested for old and new acquaintances to go out and eat together. Originally, I planned to escape and return to my daily schedule, but before I could give my parting words, I found myself whisked along with the crowd.

"You deserve a break," Akaashi-kun insisted. "And as thanks, our captain here will treat you to a meal."

Bokuto-kun turned to me, clearly unprepared. "O-Of course, I will! It's the least this generous guy can do! I've gotta show you my gratitude for everything somehow, so... you'll come with us. Right?"

I couldn't exactly refuse after that, and I ended up pushing my plans off even more than what I intended for today. Was I being peer-pressured? Maybe. Though, I would be lying if I said I wasn't having any fun.

It's certainly been a long time since I've witnessed Mitsu and Kozume-kun squabble like this, and yet, it only seemed as if it were yesterday when they were arguing about their games during lunch.

Have three years really gone by?

"I'm not going to say you're wrong," I began, watching Mitsu's boyfriend hold her back after she lost three rounds of fighting games to the blonde setter, "but, you know, I think Kozume-kun has changed quite a bit. He seems more... active."

Kuroo-kun snorted, crossing his arms. "If you mean Kenma's definition of active, then sure. He's only sedentary about fifteen hours a day now."

"I was talking more about it in a social sense. I can definitely tell Kozume-kun is putting a lot more effort than I was used to seeing in the past."

"I could say the same about you, Mochizuki."

My eyes flickered to him at those words. Despite his perpetually teasing tone of voice that always made me think he was being sarcastic, his smile softened into a genuine one.

"It seems like you're finally stepping out of your circle," he explained, cocking his head towards the Fukurōdani ace a few meters in front of us. "Well, if you're tutoring a guy like him, then it wouldn't be surprising to see you forced out of your comfort zone anyway. He's not exactly the type of person I'd imagine you would get along with, to be honest."

I took offense to his remark for a short second before I realized he wasn't too far off from the truth. "It looked that way in the beginning..."

He quirked an eyebrow. "But?"

"But now, I know for a fact that he's not a bad guy at all. I still have a lot to understand about him, and although he can be difficult to manage sometimes, Bokuto-kun placed his faith in me to help him improve, so I should honor his trust and do just that."

Kuroo-kun scrutinized me for a moment, and he nodded firmly. "You're still Mochizuki, alright."

My eyes narrowed. "And what's that supposed to mean?"

He laughed, adjusting his duffel bag. "Still Mochizuki with the infamous, Medusa glare."

"Still Kuroo-kun with the provoking, snide comments... Oh! That reminds me. Sorry about scaring your teammate before the match, by the way. I may have freaked him out and made him think I was going to take his soul."