Familiar Darkness

PART 1

The dark is only frightening until it becomes familiar to you, then it becomes you.

Time: Unknown

These fucking bonds around my feet and hands are starting to become really irritating. I don't even want to leave this room so much as to just MOVE them. I feel like the circulation is being cut off from my feet and hands. When I dwell on it, I feel faint. 

I want to give in to it. If I pass out, will I die? Or will I just wake up in an undetermined amount of time from right now?  

I bet they didn't even think to tie me down in a way where I could survive. I hope they didn't. 

I don't even know how long I've been in this goddamned basement now. My pajama pants are hardly damp anymore from when I relieved myself earlier. It had to have been a decent amount of time for that to happen. Maybe a few hours? 

You know, in the grand scheme of things, or in a regular day, a few hours wasn't a lot. But try to sit in one spot unable to move in relative darkness with no company other than your thoughts - most of which consist of you wondering what time it is or how much time it's been since the last time you wondered - and you'll find that it is an eternity. 

Or it isn't an eternity at all. Maybe it's only been a few minutes. You have no way of knowing. It starts to drive you a little crazy. 

Time 

is 

crazy. 

At this point, I longed for that stuck up brit to come back, just for someone to talk to. Just for some kind of reassurance that I was still human and I COULD talk to someone. 

This is when my mind started playing tricks on me. I thought I'd hear the sound of a door opening... of footsteps descending... but clearly they didn't exist, because no one ever came. 

Was anyone EVER gonna come again? 

Maybe they abandoned the idea and left. Maybe no one was even upstairs anymore. Maybe I'd be stuck here... forever. 

Forever. 

No. 

No no no. 

I don't want to imagine what it would be like to slowly waste away down here, starved to death. 

I can't imagine what it be like to starve period, anywhere. What is starving? 

What did I eat today/yesterday? Was it a lot? Was it enough to keep me alive? 

What did I fucking eat? I can't even remember now... 

Whatever. It doesn't matter. I don't even feel that hungry right now. Maybe it hasn't been that long. 

Fortunately I was used to not eating a lot, I never really ate huge meals and if I did it was one for a whole day. I'm sure I had one yesterday, I just can't remember what it was for the life of me. 

If they - whoever 'they' was, I'd only ever talked to that one prick - intended to keep me alive for a while, they'd HAVE to feed me something eventually. I shouldn't worry about that. 

But it was kind of entertaining to myself to have something to think about. I shouldn't dismiss things so easily. If so far is any indication I'll have a lot time to think down here. There's no use in rushing. 

Thinking was all I had. 

I wish I could just NOT think. That'd probably make time go by faster. Faster faster faster, till my dad comes home and comes to the rescue.