Ideal Saturday Afternoon

My head was spinning from the alcohol still. Of course it was, it had only been a few minutes. I looked down at my chest for the first time, it was smeared with blood from where Capricorn had cut me. I could only imagine how my face must have looked since she cut me there too. This was the first time in my life I didn't want to see myself in the mirror. 

The boss had stood in front of me, hiding me from the camera. 

"Mr. Weiss, it saddens me to know that all of my calls and attempts to get in touch with you regarding our unfinished business have fallen on deaf ears. I am OFFENDED, frankly. So, Mr. Weiss, since you do not want to handle this like gentlemen, you've given me no choice to... explore OTHER methods of getting your attention." 

Just then, his cell phone went off. 

"Goddamnit. Cut!" He made a neck slicing motion to the guy behind the camera. 

He pulled out his phone and lifted the mask, putting it up to his ear. 

"Hello?" 

He smiled. "Silvia, how many times have I told you not to call daddy at work? What's wrong?" 

Daddy. It was his daughter. 

"Of course I'll be home to look at that. I'm proud of you, pumpkin. What do you say we go out and get some pizza later tonight to celebrate?" He paused, smiling at her response apparently. "It's a date, then, sweetheart. I'll be home in a few hours, okay? I love you." 

He put his phone back in his pocket. He shrugged to the rest of the room. "Kids, huh? Gotta love 'em." 

What kind of fucked up person kidnaps someone else's daughter when he has one of his own? This guy was on a whole other level of evil. 

"Alright." He rubbed his hands together and put his mask back on. "Let's get back to making that movie, shall we?" 

He stood in front of me once again, and gave the camera man a thumbs up. 

"I'm terribly sorry, Mr. Weiss. That was my daughter calling me. Has your daughter called you by chance?" I saw him cock his head. "No? That's unfortunate. Although I might know why..." He backed up towards me and to the side, 'displaying' me with his arm held out. "I don't think she gets signal in here. A tragedy isn't it?" He laughed. 

Some of the other group behind the camera chuckled as well. I couldn't tell if Capricorn was one of them. I looked at her, she seemed stoic just standing there with her arms crossed. 

"Have any words for daddy?" He asked me. 

"Dad... please get here soon... I'm scared." I managed, though it was a chore all of it's own since I was still drunk. I hope it didn't sound too slurred. 

"She's scared, Mr. Weiss. I wouldn't want my daughter to be all alone somewhere..." He snapped to the people in the back of the room, and they all walked around me. "With so many people that could cause her harm, would you? Well, I guess that's a bit in the past now, isn't it? Since she is already here." 

"She's the only one not smiling, as you can see. We're all quite happy, don't you see?" He pointed to his mask. 

Cute. 

He whispered something to one of them that I couldn't hear. 

Then someone hit me. I couldn't tell who it was, but it rocked my jaw hard. It felt a lot more forceful than Capricorn had hit me. I instinctively spit. 

"Dad, please..." I cried. My eyes actually started watering from the hit, although it was more just the force I actually felt, and not how it would have felt if I was sober, I was sure.