Concrete Plans

The devil is sometimes disguised as the most attractive thing you've ever seen.

How the hell did she expect me to escape? My hands were tied (and) bound to the back of the chair, and my legs were... 

My legs were free now. She'd cut through those bonds to check my ankle where that cockbag had poked me and hadn't retied them. 

Did she just forget? Or was that intentional? 

I considered both options and decided she must have forgotten. After all, she'd said only earlier this morning that I was just a means to getting paid. I was a contract. 

But if all that was true, why did she even care that I'd gotten cut?  

Possible reasons your captor would care... Well, from the movies I'd seen the only thing I could come up was she wanted to make sure I was gonna stay alive and maybe not bleed out. But even ( I ) knew the wound wasn't that serious. It still fucking hurt, don't get me wrong, but my body would heal that puncture long before I would possibly lose enough blood to (die) from it. 

So maybe she... 

You know what? I was getting tired of referring to her as simply 'her' and 'she'. If any of the three people (so far as I know they are the only three) I'd encountered in my time here deserved an identity, it was her. She cut me off when I was talking, and she'd insulted me, but she hadn't laughed at my plight like the brit, and she hadn't groped me like that smelly dick with dental problems. So far by way of direct interaction, she'd made sure my wound wasn't bad, and she'd cut my legs free so at least now I could swing my legs back and forth (which is actually quite an amazing feeling when they've been bound together for half a day or more).  

So if I had to pick which one I liked, she won by a landslide. 

Anyway, name... name... 

What do I have to go by here? She wore boots, leather pants, a tank top and she had a ponytail. None of those made particularly good names. 

( It's my sign. ) 

Oh, right! The tattoo on the back of her neck! The artistic representation of the Capricorn zodiac sign. 

Hmm, that had a nice ring to it. Capricorn. 

Okay, I'll just think of her like that then. Sure wasn't gonna come up with anything better, unless she actually TOLD me her name, but I didn't see that happening. These types of people in the movies didn't usually tell you identifiable information unless 1)They were about to kill you or 2)You asked them in exchange for not killing them. 

Much as I'd like to imagine myself being capable of killing the bad guys in James Bond fashion, complete with some irrelevant line about how I like my martini, I wouldn't be doing that. 

I could see myself WANTING to kill those other pricks, but not her. Not Capricorn. 

Hah, listen to me. Talking about her like she's my knight in shining armor come to save me. She had done two things to help me, but ultimately she wasn't here to rescue me. She'd left me down here just like the other two at the end of the exchange. She didn't care about me THAT much, clearly. 

But still, nothing wrong with having SOMETHING positive to look at in a situation like this. She wasn't gonna rescue me, and she probably didn't 'like' me, but at least she treated me semi like a human being and not a piece of meat. 

But holy shit am I losing my train of thought. 

Okay. Let's recap. 

She didn't leave my legs untied on purpose. She couldn't have. She'd get in trouble for something like that, right?