Chapter 62

Word always seemed to travel like wildfire through the Resistance. The news of the wedding of two of its Generals being no exception.

Soon enough, people were making good the preparations – setting up seating, lights, everything they could with what they had access to. It was a rush job, but everyone involved was comforted by the knowledge the bride and groom were going for a simple and understated look.

It was to be a small event, with only family and friends in attendance. Fortunately, not too many people seemed to take issue with that. They were either too drunk or too tired to care, or had no idea who either person involved really was.

Rose had taken it upon herself to oversee everything, with the assistance of C-3PO. The droid was more than capable of completing the task alone. In fact, he was in his element, knowing exactly how everything must proceed according to correct protocol. But his way of talking to and trying to organise people outside of the fancy Core Worlds was not to be trusted, and so Rose had stepped in to help.

As soon as she had, she had ushered Poe and Nova away to separate rooms, accompanied by Finn and Rey respectively.

---

Nova leaned over the sink, carefully considering her appearance. Nothing special – a golden shimmer to her eyelids, hair tidied and tamed. Maz had stopped by to deliver some flowers, a selection of which had been woven into Nova's hair – small buds of white and deep blue.

Rey leaned against the door; a white jumpsuit draped across her arms. "I've never been to a wedding before," she quietly mused.

"You're not missing much," Nova shrugged.

She had not attended many weddings herself, at least that she knew of. Either she had been too young to remember them, or had been too preoccupied with Jedi training or being presumed dead to receive an invite.

"All the same," Rey continued, "I'm glad my first gets to be yours."

"Hmm."

The last wedding she had attended, before the war had officially begun, had been Snap and Karé's. In fact, she had helped orchestrate the event. She remembered the looks Poe had given her throughout – quick but hopeful glances.

"Nervous?" Rey asked, handing her the jumpsuit.

"Compared to everything we've done over the course of this war?" She held up the outfit, smiling softly. "A little."

It was unclear as to whether it was nerves or excitement. A guess could be made that it was both.

"It's going to be fine," Rey said. "Poe's an idiot, but he's got a good heart."

"I know."

---

"I told you she's say yes." Finn leaned against the wall; hands shoved into his pockets, an easy smirk on his lips.

Poe rolled his eyes. "I half expected you to say that as soon as she said it."

"I didn't want to kill the moment. Or your dignity."

"Thanks, buddy."

Puling his tie looser, his dark eyes studied his reflection. His wardrobe was hardly extensive, leading to few alterations in his look. A fresh shirt, one better suited to be paired with a tie, being the only real change.

"Should I have shaved?" he wondered aloud, running a hand along his rough jaw.

Finn chuckled. "You are so nervous."