Snow Angel: Rise of the Guardians (Jack Frost) 2

Darkness. All she dreamt was dark and a figure appeared, and stood there.

"Sir?" Juri called, but he was still. She continued waking tests him and came to stop when she reached him. "Sir are you alr-"

She gasped in horror as he turned towards her with a sly grin, his gray hand clasped her throat and pushed her to the dark wall. Juri struggled and with a chuckle in his smirk, he said,

"You're next."

Juri jumped up from her futon, gasping for air. Her surroundings was now her bedroom as she heard birds chirping outside and kids playing. Her hand snaked up to her neck, Juri sighed in relief as nothing else clasped it. She looked over at her clock and saw it was 7:23 am; Christmas Eve also her birthday. She slid off her futon and spotted the blinds of her window opened, to reveal the children from yesterday playing in the snow.

And she swore she saw that Jack from the night before throwing snowballs. Juri went wide eyed and quickly stumbled to her window and pulled down the blinds. She sighed in relief, then took off her nightwear, replacing it with a white strap dress with tiny snowflakes at the bottom rim, fading from blue to pink. Over her legs were cream leggings and her med-beige uggs. Juri combed through her red hair, now she was set for the day.

Her uggs hit the stairs with each step she took downstairs. She decided to cook pancakes for her and her father. Making it to the kitchen, her eyes landed on a figure in the dining room. A gasp slipped her lips as she realized it was her father. He was passed out cold with his dark red hair covering what looked to be a small dark velvet blue box in his hand. Juri frowned and walked towards him, patting his arm.

"Daddy?"

He jumped up and he stared back at his daughter. He rubbed his eyes and asked, "What time is it?"

"Last time I checked, 7:30."

Her father jumped from his seat, muttering that he was going to be late for work. Juri picked up the box, and said

"What's this?"

He turned from slipping his coat on.

"Oh, I'm sorry," he walked towards Juri, embracing her, "Its your birthday and Christmas Eve, so Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas."

Juri smiled, hugging him back.

"Thank you daddy." She missed things like this. Ever since her mom's death, he wasn't really the same fun loving pianist she once remembered. Sure he still possessed those traits, but his job suppresses it. But, just feeling his warm embrace around her, reassured her that he really did care for her and would do anything for his daughter. It sometimes pained him in a way to look at Juri, since she looked exactly like his wife.

He finally let go and pointed to the box, telling her to open it. She obeyed and gasped at the gift, inside was a black chain and at the center was a large round ocean blue crystal. Her fingers grasped it and picked it from the box, observing more of it.

(pic at the side>>>>)

"It was given to your mother and I at our wedding. It was specifcally for you though." Her father explained, "When you were still in her womb, she said she wanted to give you this necklace, when you turn 18, which is today."

He tied the necklace around her neck,

"Your mother said the color was stolen from the Circassian Sea, designed by Athena, crafted by Hephaestus, blessed to shine bright as the sun by Apollo, and iliminate all darkness as the moon by Artemis. Only when you sing."

Juri smiled at her father as he told the small legend, she held the charm in her hand, happily.

"This will protect you, Juri." He kissed her forehead and promised that when he returned they will go out to eat dinner. Then out the door he was.

****

"Ugh!" Juri groaned loudly as she plopped on the couch. It was already 5 pm, the whole time, Juri was just doing nothing. Who would have known that her 18th birthday would be this boring. She really wanted to go outside, that whole time she was anxious, but she feared she would encounter the man she met yesterday. Jack Frost, she still couldn't believe she had saw him fly, but he seemed just as surprised when he saw that she could see him.

Finally, Juri gave in. She was desperate to feel the cold winter air nip at her skin and hear the pure snow crunch under her uggs. She slipped on her coat and wrapped her scarf around her neck. Then she slipped into the cold winter night.

~*~

Jack had searched around the town, but no sign of the Snow Angel. That became her nickname that he thought of, since she refused to tell him her name. He decided to go to the cemetery he met her at. Once he reached the gates, Jack flew past multiple graves till he found the white roses. Jack bent down to the grave level and read,

"Ligeia Seirina Winters. Gee, that's a mouthful."

At least, he thought, he figured out the Snow Angel's last name.

"What are you doing here?"

Jack turned to the soft voice, and to his luck, it was the Snow Angel!

He stood with a smirk, and rests his staff on his shoulders, saying

"So you finally decide to talk to me."

"I wasn't trying to 'talk' to you, I was just asking a question."

"Well to answer your question, I came to figure out your name."

"Heh." Juri smirked and sat down next her mother's grave. "And how's that working out for you?"

"So far, I got your last name, but for the time being, you'll be Snow Angel."

Juri arched an eyebrow, "Snow Angel? Why that?"

Jack felt like he was busted, the reason he called her that was because she reminded him much of an angel, and they did meet in snow...

He set down his staff, "Uhh..." He continued "To be honest, you kind of remind me of an angel."

Juri was glad the sky was dark so her blushing face wasn't so visible. Jack sat next to her as they faced the stone. "So how do you pronounce her name?"

Juri laughed and replied with, "Li-guy-ah."

"Oh.." Jack said, realizing he said her mother's name completely. Juri laughed again, he liked her laugh, it made him feel good inside.

A comfortable silence filled the air, then his curiosity got the best of him.

"If you don't mind me asking, how did your mom die?"

Juri's light green orbs stared at Jack, "Y-you don't have to if you don-"

She smiled and said, "No its ok. I don't mind actually." He stared at her as she began,

"When I was five, we were all driving to our new home here in Burgess. I don't exactly remember what happened since I was part alsleep, but one thing I do know. She was murdered."

The snow began to fall lightly and the air got colder as Jack felt bad for the Snow Angel. Before he could say anything, something began to ring. Juri fished out her cell phone and her eyes went wide when the caller was her father. She was for sure in trouble for this.

"Hello."

She heard her father breathing hard, panting "Juri!"

"Daddy?! What's going on?" She began to panic, even though he couldn't hear what the other was saying, Jack began to worry for her.

"Juri, leave town now."

She went wide eyed, "What?! Why, what's happening?"

"You're not safe here anymore, Juri. Leave this place, go far and farther. And don't ever come back."

Juri was speechless, he continued, "Under my bed, there's a suitcase, I never thought this day would come but I prepared that case for you. In it, is money for you, it should be enough for you to start fresh. Go now Juri, I love you. And never take off the necklace, and remember the story, Juri. Remember, only when you sing. I love you, Juri."

With that, he hung up.