Snow Angel: Rise of the Guardians (Jack Frost) 6

A full month had past, faster than Juri thought. It was mid Janurary and training started in the next few minutes. Jack wanted Juri to settle in before begin training, Santa approved of this as well. During that month, Jack and Juri became closer and closer each day, with no regrets. Juri were to meet Jack outside the manor of Santa into the small forest till she found a pond. The pond was frozen as she saw Jack walking around on it.

"Jack!" She called as she ran towards him. His face lit up and he greeted her. When she made it towards him, Juri noticed all the books on top of a stump. "What are those needed for?"

"Well Sandy suggested I get these books to start of the training. Somewhere in each of the books have background on Sirens. We can at least get done info about you."

Juri picked up a book, the cover had someone on a pegasus and the title was "Greek Mythology". She flipped to the index and found the chapter of Sirens. Pages flipped to the chapter and she read the passage outloud to Jack,

"The Sirens lived on an island, called Anthemoessa, in the sea between Sicily and Italy. Huge boulders surrounded their island where ships would be destroyed if they ventured too closely. The Sirens were thought to be three in number, but that is not certain. The most known Sirens were Parthenope, Leukosia, and....Ligeia." Juri said the last part softly, but Jack still heard and was just as surprised as she was.

She continued, "The Sirens were odd looking creatures who had features of a bird? From the waist down and a body of a woman from the waist up."

"Well clearly, you're not a bird looking thing."

Jack and Juri both laughed, "Hey do you think this would mean I will have the ability to fly soon?" She asked, he shrugged saying "Maybe, might as well grow a beak if it happens."

Juri rolled her eyes, "The Sirens sang songs to sea travelers to lure them to their deaths. Their songs were enchanting and would make sailors forget what they were doing and forget their sense of direction. The sailors would steer straight toward the island and crash into the rocks that surrounded it. The island grew white with bleaching bones, from which the Sirens would make musical instruments. According to Appolodorus, the talented Sirens boasted not only a vocal trio, but a small instrumental ensemble, two accompanying the third on lyre and flute."

She closed the book as she began to get bored of the book. Jack decided to start to train her voice but with some hint of fun in it. "Juri put these on." He handed her white shoes that were quite heavy. She noticed something shiny under the shoes, then she realized what they were.

"Oh no. Jack I will break my leg because of you."

"Come on. It'll be fun!"

"Dumby I can't skate, espicially if it's ice! What if it breaks?"

"My ice? Break? Never, and not when I'm here. You'll be fine Juri, I'll teach you to skate."

"Why are we doing this when we should be training my voice."

"You're such a partypooper. Have fun with this, and this will help, I swear."

Juri puffed air out of her mouth, blowing her bangs up from her face. She finally agreed and Jack wooped in victory. She slipped on the skate shoes, and Jack held her hands, leading her on the ice of the large pond. As they stood, Juri was get scared that she might slip, but Jack reassured her, "Juri relax and don't let go of my hands."

He moved a bit far back to give her space then said, "When you want to move forward, shift you weight onto one foot. Then slide it behind you, kind of kick yourself forward with that one foot then after do the same with the other."

She followed the instructions, and Jack responded "Thats good."

He glided backwards, pulling her slightly with him as a guide. She moved slowly and she progessed, both made it to the middle of the pond. "See? You did it. And that also helped with your focus."

Juri smiled back at him saying, "I think I can do it without holding onto you."

"You sure?" She nodded, letting go of her hands, Jack stepped away from her but was still close just in case. Juri slid forward and her face lit as she was able to go foward with him guiding her.

"See? I finally got this do-" Juri began to lose her balance and she arched back then front, she almost slipped till Jack caught her from her arm.

"Yeah, right." He said sarcastically, "Let me try again." She begged and he challenged her to go farther. Jack went to the end of the pond about 20 or so feet away from Juri. She accepted it and began to glide towards him. She was so focused, but her mind went blind and she heard a voice in her head.

"Clear your mind and follow where your heart is."

Then the voice began to hum a familiar tune. Juri began to hum as well but that was then turned to words slipping from her mouth.

"Someone holds me safe and warm, horses prance through a silver storm, Figures dancing gracefully, across my memory." Jack noticed her necklace began to glow, but this time, it was brighter than the usual blue. It was bright ice blue, he began to worry that Juri would go unconscious again, but something told him that she would be alright.

"Far away, long ago things I yern to remember and a song someone sings. Once upon a December..." Juri reached Jack, as she extended the last high note. Their hands connected with each other and Jack looked down at Juri into her eyes. The necklace dimmed down and Juri was still wide awake.

"How did you do that?"

Juri realized that she wasnt feeling weak, like usual after she sang. "I don't know. A voice in my head said to clear my mind and follow my heart, so I did?"

"Well do that again next time you sing. Makes training you a lot easier." Juri chuckled.

They skated to actual ground and she slipped off the skate shoes with her uggs. Jack grabbed the books and both left the area. As they made their way to Santa's home, Juri recalled the voice she heard earlier, then she went wide eyed when she recognized the voice.

It was her mother.