Snow Angel: Rise of the Guardians (Jack Frost) 11

An entire two weeks had past. Aphrodite sent workers to rebuild Cupid's palace, and today was his last day. Jack was excited, but Juri was disappointed. She had become good friends with Cupid, now he was leaving. But that last day, he decided he would use as once last training session. Juri had progessively got better each day, at a fast pace as well. Jack saw her half of the time than usual, it made him miss her. But what reassured him, was when she still smiled at him, wearing the gift he gave her.

Jack went outside and it was lightly snowing as usual here at North's land. He went to the usual area where Cupid and Juri trained and he found her shooting bullseye on every board. He was just has amazed as Cupid. "Jack!"

He walked over to her and said, "Remind me to not get on your bad side.". She giggled, "And actually, I know this bad timing, but how do you shoot straight?" Jack asked Cupid.

"I would show you but I got to get ready to leave. Juri, why don't you show him?"

"Okay." Cupid went inside and Juri said, "Since theres no other bow abd arrow and only mine, you're going to have to use me to shoot. That way you don't get zapped."

"Oh..um okay." Jack stood behind her and held onto both of the tops of her hands, as they gripped the bow and arrow.

"Position your feet straight forward, that way it goes straight to where you want the arrow to go." He obeyed and he could feel a blush forming on his cheeks. Just how close he was to Juri made him all warm. It was an odd feeling to Jack.

"Now pull up my arms as you pull back arrow but dont let go."

Jack pulled back the arrow as well as Juri's arms and hands, "Woah. Hold on big guy. You're to tense and position is wrong. Relax Jack."

He breathed in and she continued, "Keep your arm shoulder width apart, so go down a bit."

As he did so she added, "Now pull the arrow close to your cheek, and aim straight at the board."

Jack did every step and finally, she said softly, "Let go."

The arrow shot from his clasp and hit the board. Not a bullseye, but at least he didn't miss.

"You somewhat got it." Juri said, Jack chuckled. Jack was still holding Juri, but they both didn't mind. Little did they know, Cupid had watched them this whole time. He finally understood what his mother ment.

****

Cupid was gone, abd the next day arrived quicker than they expected. Juri was baking more cookies for North since he had practically begged her to. Tooth, Sandy, Bunnymund, and Jack were all hanging in the main room. North was in the chef room, watching Juri bake the cookies. Also hearing her sing as she baked, well everyone could hear her.

As they listened, Tooth says, "Wow she can really song good."

Sandy nodded, "You did a good job training her Jack."

"Thanks Tooth."

"Hmph." Bunnymund grumbled, "He may have not messed this up, but watch when messes up being a Guardian."

"Ouch, Easter Kangaroo, did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?"

"Aye mate! I'm not a kangaroo. Besides, you wouldnt be able to know or even learn how to a true Guardian."

"Gosh, what do you want from me?" says Jack as he chuckled. Bunnymund got an idea when he saw Jack sitting on the new piano North brought earlier.

"How about we make a bet?"

Jack's lit up, "Now you're talking."

"50 bucks. If you can learn a simple song on the piano. It has to be note by note, no messups. 1 week to learn it."

"A week?! Ha, its on!" They both slapped their hands together, the bet was on.

"Ahh!!!" Was heard along with things clustering. They all ran into the kitchen, North was practically eating the cookies off the ground and they looked over at Juri. She was covered in flour, and flat on her back with an empty tray leaning on her.

Jack busted out laughing, and so did she. He continued even when helped her up. After a while, they calmed down and the rest had been staring ar

t them.

"North?! Why didn't you help Juri when she fell?!" Tooth proclaimed

"What?" He said with his mouth full of cookies as he picked up hundreds of cookies, "Oh sorry, Juri. Uhh good job. If you need me, I shall be in my office."

With that, he left the room with an armful and pocketfull of cookies.

"Well. I should go get cleaned up or I'll get mistaken for a walking snow man."

They all laughed and Jack asked, "You okay to walk right?"

"Yep." Juri walked to her bedroom and made her way to a warm shower. Finally she cleaned off all the white flour and was back to her old self. She slipped into her fluffy baby blue robe and layed on her bed, she sighed in contentment. She was quite tired, not that she was complaining but she didn't mind making cookies for North. It was quite amusing to see him to practically eat the cookies off the ground and run away with the rest even after she fell. How she fell? Her short 4'9 figure is to blame. Juri attepted to reach for the extra flour on the top cabinet and when she almost grasped it, her foot slipped and flour fell her as she fell.

Whatever, she thought. Then another thought came to her when she realized the new piano came in today. She squealed in delight and not noticing she was in only her robe, Juri fled down the stairs and went into the main room. There she spotted the black grand piano, sitting at the corner of the room. She sat on the bench as her fingers grazed over the keys. This brought back memories from her childhood.

Juri would always hear her father playing the piano on his spare time. He told her, he always wanted to be pianist. After some convincing, he was able to, on his spare time, teach Juri how to play. She was able to master multiple songs after that. He stopped when work became harder and he worker double the amount than before. And so she stopped because he wouldnt hear her play.

She sighed, and played a few small notes. She was surprised she was able to do it, so she proceeded and a song flowed through her fingers.

~*~

Jack roamed around the land and through the woods, but afterwards he came into the manor once again and he heard a piano playing.

"Oh no." He muttered, "That better not be the kangaroo."

The song was good afterall. He passed the room and surprised, he spotted Juri. Jack walked behind her and saw that it was her playing. Through the corner of eye, she saw a figure abd it startled her and she jumped away.

She sighed in relief, "Oh sorry. Did I bother you?" She asked.

"No no. I should be sorry, but uhh." He coughed, "You play amazingly."

She smiled, "Oh thank you."

"Man you can sing, shoot an arrow straight bullseye, AND you play the piano?! What else are you, a unicorn?"

Juri laughed, "No I'm a Siren. And I also have patience to learn these things."

Jack chuckled, then he realized she was only in a robe. He gazed away and cleared his throat, "Umm, I think you should go change..."

Juri realized what he ment, "Oh oh!" She blushed and quickly scurried towards her room. Jack then remembered.

"Wait Juri!"

She turned, "Hmm?"

"Uhm. Me and the Easter Kangaroo made a bet.."

"Oh my god." She rolled her eyes playfully.

"Well, I need to learn a piano song in a week. So I was wondering if you would teach me."

He stared up at her as she paused at the top of the stairs.

"Okay."

"Yes!" He said and fisted the air.

"Ha ha. Now this time, I will be training you." She replied and walked into her room. Jack walked to his, thinking, I'm so winning this bet.

Authors Note: That's not only thing he'll be winning ;)