Chapter 12

It was another Friday night, meaning that it was the night of Illea's Capital Report

It was another Friday night, meaning that it was the night of Illea's Capital Report. Tonight, the Selected were going to be interviewed and asked questions about the Selection.

Nara wore a green gown, her hair in a low bun with her signature tiara in it. She made her way onto the set, where quite a few of the Selected were already seated, mumbling to themselves.

"You know, I've noticed something." Nara turned around to see Jeno in a white shirt, white jacket with silver chains, black pants, and his brown hair parted. Nara smiled at him.

"What is it?" Nara asked him, intrigued.

"For a princess, you don't wear your tiara as often as I'd thought you would." Jeno said. Nara nodded her head.

"That's right. I don't like wearing my crown if I don't need to." Nara said before looking around. She leaned forward toward Jeno's ear.

"They're awfully uncomfortable." She whispered, making Jeno chuckle. She smiled as she leaned back.

"I'm going to check in on the other Selected. Best of luck tonight." Nara said before walking off. She made her way to where Jungwoo and Lucas were sitting, chatting with one another. They looked up as she approached.

"How are you two feeling tonight?" Nara asked them.

"Good. I'm excited." Lucas told her with a bright smile.

"And you, Jungwoo?"

"Um... Still a little nervous to be quite honest." Jungwoo said, clutching onto his shaking hands. Nara reached out, patting his shoulder.

"I'm sure you'll be fine. Just be yourself and pretend it's only you and the camera, no one else." Nara said, trying to comfort him. Jungwoo nodded, taking in her words.

Nara moved onto the second row of boys, where Jisung, Kun, and Chenle sat. Kun and Chenle were talking so she decided to check on Jisung.

"I'm sorry for scaring you the other day." Nara said, capturing his attention. Jisung immediated waved his hands in front of him.

"No, no. It's okay. You did what you had to do." Jisung said, playing with his fingers. Suddenly, Jisung's eyes widened, bringing his knees up to his chest.

"Is something wrong?" Nara asked, looking towards where Jisung was staring. He pointed to the floor.

"Your highness, there's a spider on the floor." Jisung told her. Nara tried to hold in her laugh as she made her way towards the bug, killing it. She called over a worker to bring over a tissue and spray bottle to clean the bottom of her shoe and the floor.

"Wow, you're really brave." Jisung said as he returned his feet to the ground.

"You don't like bugs?" Nara asked. Jisung shook his head.