Chapter 24

Nara couldn't believe her ears. Na Jaemin, the doofus that she had grew up with had liked her all this time.

Nara decided that she had heard enough, making her way back to the ballroom where Jeno was still seated with Jia. He must have noticed the look on her face as he turned to look at her as his smile immediately fell.

"Nara, are you okay?" Jeno asked, snapping the girl out of her trance. She faked a smile and nodded her head.

"Yeah, just the lady's thing." Nara lied. Jeno seemed too believe her though as he nodded his head, turning back to Jia. Moments later, Jaemin and Cai returned.

"Well, I have to say, you two really outdid yourselves here. Thank you so much for hosting this." Cai said with a smile as he clapped his hands together but the words didn't register into Nara's head. She could only think about what she had heard in the halls.

"Nara?" Nara saw someone wave a hand in front of her and turned to look at who it was. "I'm leaning now." Cai said with a smile. Nara nodded her head, standing up.

"Thank you for coming." Nara said with a curtsy as she walked with Cai, Jia, and his friends to the front doors of the castle. Jia gave her a big hug.

"Today was so fun, will it be like this the next time I come?" Jia asked with big eyes. Nara smiled back at her.

"I'll try but I can't gurantee anything." Nara said with a chuckle. Cai gave both Jeno and Jaemin a big hug each while the two boys shook the hands of the Prince's friends. As Cai hugged Jaemin, Nara couldn't help but stare as Cai whispered something into Jaemin's ear before stepping back.

"Well, thank you for the good time, Illea. The next time I'll be back will be Nara's wedding." Cai said with a wink as he entered the limo with his entourage. Nara bit her lip.

He made is sound like my wedding would be so soon.

...

Nara, Jeno, and Jaemin entered the castle once the had watched the New Asian royals leave, where the four other Elite were waiting with Heeyoung. Nara watched as the two boys joined the others in their line.

Nara stared at them until Heeyoung nudged her.

"Your highness, the elimination." Heeyoung whispered to her. Nara had forgot about that. Nara immediately made up a speech in her head.

"That marks the completion of the last reception. I will be announcing the two boys that will be going home tomorrow night, so please, enjoy the day with each other tomorrow." Nara said, giving them a wide smile. "You may carry on with your night."

The six men in front of her bowed before making their exit. Once they were gone, Heeyoung turned to her.

"Your highness, why didn't you eliminate the two now, it was quite obvious." Heeyoung asked her. Nara looked at the lady.

"Tonight was a night a celebration, don't you think it would be too harsh to eliminate two boys tonight?" Nara asked back. Heeyoung immediately bowed her head.

"That is true, your highness." Heeyoung replied. "I'll be excusing myself for the night."

Heeyoung curtsied before heading up to her room for the night. Nara let out a deep sigh.

The real reason why she didn't eliminate anyone that night was because before, she was so sure that Jeno was the one for her but after hearing Jaemin's true feelings, she didn't know anymore.

...

Nara woke up to knocking on her door and was surprised when a maid opened it up to reveal the Queen.