Chapter 15

"It's hard just to get some time with my daughter, these days." The King chucked as he poured some tea for Nara.

"I've been busy." Nara responded. The King had asked to have tea with Nara between her appointments to make sure that she was doing alright. Nara didn't mind, as the only other person that had ever felt the same was she did was her father when he went through his own Selection.

"So narrowing down to the Elite after the ball. You must have something planned." Nara's father said. She could only smile back in response.

"That's right." Nara said. The King raised an eyebrow.

"Care to enlighten me?" Nara took a sip of her tea before placing the cup down.

"I don't want to spoil anything, but let's just say it's important that the men build connections tomorrow night." Nara told him. The King narrowed his eyes.

"Have you decided on who your six Elite will be?" Nara shrugged her shoulders.

"I have an idea but it will depend on how tomorrow plays out." The King nodded, taking in her words.

"You know, the people have favourites, right?" The King said.

"Yes, it seems that Jaemin and Jeno are the two front runners." Nara answered.

"Yes, Mark and Renjun not far behind from their poetic words." The King added. "It might be worth considering some of the thoughts of the people when choosing your Elite to keep them interested in your choice."

"Well, that's the plan." Nara said as she lifted a tart to her lips to take a bite.

...

"Nara, why is Jaemin like that?" Jeno whispered to the girl standing beside him. Nara and the remaining Selected were waiting at the front of the castle for the six princes to arrive at the castle. The Selected were wearing their usual black suits while Nara wore a navy lace dress, her hair curled with the front pieces pinned back.

Nara was standing amongst the Selected

Nara was standing amongst the Selected. Beside her was Jeno and Renjun. Jeno was referring to the blue-haired male standing beside him, who was basically bouncing up and down as he waited for the arrival of the princes.

"He's just excited to see Cai, they're pretty close friends." Nara told him.

"I see." Jeno said, turning to face the front again. Soon, two limousine arrived, the six princes and their luggage sitting inside. Nara put on a smile as she made her way forward to the the six princes standing in front of them while the servants quickly brought their bags inside.

"Welcome back to Illea and thank you for taking up the invite. I hope your flight wasn't too long." Nara said to them. They shook their heads.

"It wasn't too bad." James told her. The rest exchanged words of agreement.