Chapter 27

The second she felt Jaemin's lips on hers, she realized how she truly felt. The kiss was nothing in comparison to the feeling she had when she kissed Jeno. Then, everything felt right. This kiss, it simply felt... wrong.

Jaemin must have felt it too as he pulled away very soon, looking away from Nara.

"I'm sorry." Jaemin said, getting up. "I thought..."

"It's okay Jaemin." Nara said softly as she looked down into her lap. It was an embarassing moment for both of them.

"It's Jeno isn't it?" Jaemin asked. Nara looked up to see the boy looking at her.

"What do you mean?" Nara asked, confused. Jaemin let out a sigh.

"Jeno, he's the one you fell for, right?" Jaemin clarified. This time it was Nara's turn to look away.

"Jaemin I honestly didn't know. I was so confused about my feelings." Nara told him but Jaemin has already stood up, beginning to walk away as he headed towards the door to her room.

"I wish you the best for your marriage, your highness." Jaemin said, addressing Nara by her title for the first time.

"Jaemin!" Nara called out, standing up but Jaemin has already left her room, slamming the door behind him.

Nara felt tears prickling her eyes. She had wanted to find her true feelings but not by losing her best friend in the process.

...

"Were you crying?" Renjun asked her as he poured her a cup of tea. Nara couldn't bear to see Jeno nor Jaemin so she had decided to have breakfast alone with Renjun that morning.

"No." Nara lied but Renjun wasn't convinced.

"Nara, what happened?" Renjun asked her as he placed a croissant on her plate.

"Nothing." Nara simply said. "Just eat, please."

"Alright." Renjun said, picking up his knife and fork. "But when you're ready to talk, I'm here."

Nara stared down at the food in front of her but she had no appetite. She let out a deep sigh, picking up her teacup instead. In her tired and puffy-eyed state, she had forgotten to check how hot the tea was.

Nara winced as the hot tea burned her tongue and felt the tears returning to her eyes. The world just hates me.

Renjun quickly realized what happened, pouring Nara a glass of orange juice. "It just really isn't your day, is it?"

"This is just embarassing at this point." Nara muttered as she sipped on the juice, soothing her burnt tongue. She decided to give in to the boy in front of her.

"I kissed Jaemin." Renjun had froze in his spot, his fork halfway to his open mouth. Nara couldn't help but smile at the sight.

"You did what?" Renjun asked, clearly shocked. Nara sighed.

"I kissed Jaemin." Nara told him once again. "And it wasn't like how I imagined it would be at all."

Nara proceeded to inform Renjun about the events proceeding that morning, the male listening intently the entire time.

"So that leads us to where we are right now." Nara said, feeling a bit of weight lifted from her shoulders. She decided to take a bite out of her breakfast as Renjun digested the information she had told him.

"So I guess everything is clear now." Renjun said. Nara nodded her head.

"Yeah, I guess. But I pissed both Jeno and Jaemin off in the process so what am I supposed to do now?" Nara asked the boy. Renjun chuckled, earning a look from her.