Chapter 22

The next day was Renjun and Yangyang's reception for the German royals. The two boys seemed better put together in comparison to the pair before them.

"Nara, we prepared a dress for you, but I'm not sure if you want to wear it." Yangyang said to her during breakfast.

"Did you give it my maids?" Nara asked. The boy nodded his head.

"I'll take a look at it and I'll make my decision later." Nara told him.

"Sounds good, your highness." Yangyang replied before excusing himself to continue with the preparations.

Once breakfast was over, Nara walked with Heeyoung around the halls, watching as Yangyang and Renjun prepared for the dinner.

"Renjun is really calm." Heeyoung whispered from beside her. The boy was gently placing a vase full or narcissus on the table before taking a step back, admiring it. Once he thought it was decently placed, he nodded his head before doing the same for the next table.

"He'd make a good king." Nara quickly turned around to see a woman standing behind them.

"Mother!" Nara exclaimed, giving the Queen a big hug. She smiled at her daughter.

"The preparations for this reception seem to be going very well." The Queen pointed out. Nara nodded in agreement.

"Don't get your hopes up just yet, the preparations for the last one went smoothly too and you know how that one turned out." Heeyoung mumbled. The Queen waved her hand.

"It's fine, it's their first time. My reception wasn't fantastic either." The Queen told them.

"It wasn't?" Nara asked. Her mother shook her head.

"Heavens no. One of the girls order white chrysanthemums which was a big mistake since we were hosting New Asia's royals. There, white chrysanthemums symbolize grief." The Queen told her.

"That must have been disasterous." Nara said. Her mother nodded her head.

"It was, especially for the King and Queen. Thankfully, the princess found it quite funny and now we're best friends." The Queen said with a chuckle.

"Anyways, I'm going to go talk to Haechan and Mark and see how they are after yesterday since they seemed a little glum. Don't worry too much about it and just focus on today's reception." With that, the Queen gave her daughter's hand one last squeeze before walking off.

...

Interesting choice, Nara thought as the maids brought out the dress Renjun and Yangyang had selected for her

"Is something wrong?" The maid asked. Nara shook her head.

"No, this dress is fine. What do you have in mind for hair?" Nara asked her.

"Curled hair with the front pieces twisted and pinned back?" The maid suggested.