Chapter 16

"Thank you

"Thank you." Nara said to the maid that had finished pinning her hair. The maid gave her a small smile before bowing, leaving her room. Nara stood up, moving to the mirror to look at her reflection.

She was wearing a long blue ball gown with a silver lace fabric around her waist. Flowers were embroidered onto the mesh material over the skirt of the gown. Her hair was similar to what she had earlier, this time with diamond buds pinned into it.

Satisfied, she exited her room, making her way to the ballroom where the rest of the guests already were. As she entered, she could feel the many eyes turning to the opened door, staring at her as she walked in.

"Darling, you look beautiful." Nara's mother, the Queen said as she approached her parents. Nara gave her a sweet smile.

"Thank you." Nara said with a small curtsy. The King nodded his head.

"You did a good job, I'm proud. Many of the boys are also socializing with the princes. It's a shame that many of them will be going home after this." The King said.

"Yes, but I think it would be easier to focus on six boys instead of fourteen." Nara said, making her parents laugh. The happiness was short lived as the King and Queen looked away from their daughter to someone behind her. Nara turned around to see Mark standing there.

"Well, we're going to refill our glasses." The King said, guiding the Queen away. Mark scratched the back of his neck.

"Sorry, was I interrupting?" He asked.

"No, it's fine Mark. Did you want something?" Nara said. Mark gave her a small smile before sticking his hand out.

"May I have this dance?"

"Of course." Nara replied, taking his hand as he led her to the dance floor.

...

After dancing with Mark, many of the other Selected had asked her to dance as well. She was surprised by how graceful Renjun was when he dance, while at the same time impressed by how smooth Haechan was with his movements.