Chapter 4

The bell rang, indicating lunch time, everyone's favorite time of the day.

Students poured out of classes and into the halls. Their flow like a river, rushed and burbling, circulating towards an outlet: the cafeteria.

Mavis walked out of class, her migraine since this morning torturing her. Her pallor and black rimmed eyes were very much noticeable, as she dragged herself among the rest of the students.

The bag on her shoulder seemed heavier and she slumped, suddenly feeling claustrophobic among the hoards of people surrounding her.

She swallowed the hard lump in her throat, ignoring her tingling fingers.

Suddenly, a firm hand wrapped around her arm, and she was aggressively pulled into the boys bathroom, and into one of the stalls.

The slamming of doors only adding agony to her already throbbing head.

"Hey baby. Haven't seen you in two days." Manuel whispered into her ear as he pressed her against the wall.

"Manuel, let's not do that today, I'm not feeling well." She rejected his make-out session.

Ignoring her, he began trailing kisses behind her ear and down to her collar bone, pushing her sweater off her shoulder.

"Manuel stop!" She pushed him away. "I said not today, deal with it."

The grip he had on her arm was now painfully strong, but she managed to twist out of it and rush out the bathroom.

She dove among the crowd, hoping to lose him, and headed towards the cafeteria to get herself a cup of warm coffee to soothe her headache.

The canteen was packed. All tables occupied especially his.

Soren sat on the table, the seats surrounding it occupied by his friends and plenty of girls.

He loved the attention but didn't care for it much. He liked being desired, but he never desired anyone himself.

He had enough women in his life already.

His mother raised him to be a gentleman towards girls, so he didn't tell the chick nagging his ear off to shut the fuck up, even though he really wanted to.

Instead he pretended to be interested, nodding his head while zoning out. His attention was fixed on the door as he watched every person to come in and out.

The chatter in there was unpleasantly loud. A hodgepodge of laughter, hooting, gossip and occasional smooching. It was practically impossible to hear your own thoughts, as the neighboring table's conversation would reach your ears quicker.

Soren shot up when the door was abruptly opened and a familiar girl hurried in, before being forcefully pulled back out.

She then reappeared, dragging along Manuel Baldwin who was latched onto her arm like a leech.

"LEAVE ME ALONE!" Mavis yelled, bringing the cafeteria to a quiet state.

"Why would you reject me!? I'm your boyfriend." Manuel fought back.

"Because I said no! I don't want to do anything with you today! Respect that." She pointed a finger in his face, both of theirs red.

A group of students rushed to help, one of them being Soren.

He may not like girls, but he still wouldn't allow them being treated that way. No matter who they are.

He also didn't like Manuel, due to personal reasons. Not to mention he wanted to get away from Daphne who drilled a hole through his head.

"Let her go!" One girl said, trying to remove Manuel's hand from Mavis's. In response he pushed her, and she stumbled into one of the other girls behind her.

"It's none of your business!" He spat.

"Hey asshole, let her go!" Soren spoke, his voice deep with authority.

"Don't you get involved." Manuel growled at him. "You have nothing to do with this."

"WOULD YOU JUST LET ME GO ALREADY!" Mavis screamed before her fist connected with Manuel's jaw.

He staggered back, his hand flying up to where he had just been punched.

A chain of gasps floated in the air as Mavis broke out of his grip.

"WHY YOU BITC-"

Manuel charged at Mavis but was blocked by Soren. And so he took his anger out on him.

Being punched did not sit well with Soren as he attacked Manuel, and here he was, caught up in yet another fight.

When one is a professional boxer and the other has anger issues, you can imagine how messy the brawl got.

Mavis, on the other hand, was in a state of shock. Her tired body gave out and she fell to the floor unconscious.

Everything went black.