26 | "We're in love"

『 READER'S POINT OF VIEW 』

READER'S POINT OF VIEW

"Mmmmh!" Jungkook continuously nodded his head in approval of the food. "So good!"

I couldn't help but laugh at his cute reactions, nodding in agreement. The food we bought was pretty tasty, so we enjoyed it while sitting on a bench across from Han river.

"Hey!" I suddenly exclaimed. "Are your parents okay of your career?"

The black-haired man nodded, turning his face to the flowing river. I noticed a small frown appear on his face, making me regret my question.

"Of course, they're don't like it."

"But you're successful!"

He shrugged. "Money isn't all, they say. But I'm happy with my situation, so I won't change to satisfy their fantasies. I only stay in touch to make sure they're still alive, but I don't feel the need to talk to them."

"Oh." I had nothing to say.

Then he looked at me. "You?"

"I go to (y/country) at least twice a year, usually around Christmas and my parents' birthday." Jungkook frowned. "They were born on the same day."

'Wah! Funny coincidence."

I nodded, thinking of their amused faces whenever they say happy birthday to each other.

"They were made for each other."

Jungkook waited a few seconds, then he came up with an unexpected answer.

"What about us?"

I bit my lip, suppressing the dumb smile on my face. "Do you regret what happened last night?"

The man chuckled, looking straight in the eye. "I've been waiting for this to happen. I'd even like to repeat it."

"Ugh!" I groaned, covering my face out of embarrassment. "Let's talk seriously. What are we?"

"Well, you asked me on a date. I said yes. Right now, I'm enjoying the moment. Are you?" I nodded. "Great! I might ask you on a date at the end of this one. If you say yes, I'll make sure to give you a great time."

I cocked an eyebrow, addressing him a playful smirk. "What if I say no?"

"I'm not taking no for an answer."

"What about consent?"

He sighed. "Listen, I'll say it once, so please pay attention. Back in college, I had feelings for you. As we grew apart, I couldn't stop myself from liking you even more; to the point that I fell in love. Seeing you after all those years made me realize how much I missed you, how you were the missing piece in my life. Since we kissed at the wedding, I cannot picture myself with any other woman." He took a deep breath, sliding his cold hands against my burning cheeks. "I love you, Y/n."

It took me a few seconds to realize the impact of his words, and I had to fight my inner self not to kiss him right now. I said we would talk, so I had to speak.

A warm smile crept up my face as I answered back, more sure than ever. "I think I love you too."

He smiled back, leaned in, and planted a soft yet quick peck on my lips, making me yearn for more.

"So, what are we now?" I whispered.

He kissed me once more.

"We're in love."

~ ♡ ~

Jihyo was curious, but she didn't ask much. Unlike her, Sun wasted no time to question me.

"You know I don't kiss and tell." Finally, I answered her question.

"Oh, you did not, you naughty girl!" she clapped her hands. "How was it? Passionate? Rough? Disap-"

To interrupt her, I focused on Jihyo, who was quietly staring at me. Her fair skin was now sun-kissed tan thanks to the seven days she spent in Malaysia with her husband.

"So, how was your honeymoon?"

The bright woman giggled.

"It was perfect! We visited many places, spent most of our time at the beach and enjoyed each other's presence." she said, eyes shining.

"How was Jimin?" Bibha asked.

"Sweet." Jihyo beamed. "Sweet and caring. I can't believe I married that fine man!"

"Yeah, neither do I." Sun chuckled.

Jihyo nudged her, causing the girls and I to laugh. The atmosphere was pleasing, especially since we were all in a good mood. Bibha and Hana were on cloud nine, Jihyo couldn't stop smiling, and so do I since Jungkook wouldn't leave my thoughts. As for Sun, she made an announcement that caused us all to cheer for her and wish her the best of luck.

Later that evening, I offered to drive Sun home. We talked about her will to become a mother, and the conversation eventually led to the donor matter.

"Do you have someone in mind?"

Sun bit her lip. "You'll laugh at me."

"I won't!" I exclaimed.

She sighed. "I was thinking of Yoongi."

"Yoongi?" I repeated; surprise obvious in my tone. "Why him?"

"One of the reasons is the fact that I've been attracted to him once. It may sound stupid, but I want the donor to have great genes."

I shrugged, locking my eyes on the road. "There's nothing wrong with that. It's pretty common."

She nodded, as if it was important for her to have someone's approval.

"Also, he's really nice. Funny, talented in what he does and intelligent. He loves his family too! I truly need that, considering raising a child by myself won't be the easiest thing." Sun turned to me, addressing me an expectant look. "Do you think I'm crazy?"

"Not at all!"

"I know that it won't change a thing whether the donor is a murderer on the loose or a rich philanthropist, but it reassures me to know whose sperm it's going to be."

I nodded. "Of course, Sun. Totally understandable, don't be ashamed. So, are you planning to ask him?"

"Yes. I'd like to meet with him and talk about it, but it's been such a long time! Like what, two years?"

I chuckled, recalling the night Yoongi slept at Hana's. When we saw him, Sun freaked out. She tried to seduce him, but he was too drunk to acknowledge.

"I can ask Jungkook to drive you to his place, so that you can have a proper conversation. What do you think?"

"Yeah." she smiled. "That would be great, thanks."

✭☆