27 | "Let's do it"

T H R E E   M O N T H S   L A T E R

"Please, this is dumb," Y/n shook her head in despair. "He's dead! Why would you want to bring him back to life? That kind of story gets tricky real quick. Soon, you'll lose yourself in that type of process and make your story less credible."

"I mean, the main character is a demon," answered her boyfriend.

"Shut up," she rolled her eyes. "You know what I mean."

"Alright! I won't do it."

It was nearly two in the morning, and the young couple had decided to work on Jungkook's webtoon. The demon teacher was coming to an end, and its author had to surpass himself to blow the readers' minds.

Both excited and utterly nervous, Jungkook needed his girlfriend's help.

At some point, he was satisfied with the last chapters' sketches; allowing him to finally relax with Y/n.

"Are you sleepy?" he whispered.

She shook her head no as they laid on his bed, causing the man to smirk.

Immediately, Jungkook covered her face with soft kisses, which made her giggle. The couple spent a lot of time cuddling and kissing until Y/n laid down, completely exhausted.

On the other hand, Jungkook was gently caressing her beautiful (h/c) hair, eyes fixated on the ceiling. The room fell into complete silence until Y/n broke it.

"Are you busy this weekend?"

Jungkook cocked an eyebrow, glancing at her. "Nope. Why?"

The woman kept her eyes fixated on the ceiling, trying her best not to doze off.

"We should go somewhere together! Spend the weekend in a quiet place, only you and I."

"Oh," he smirked, pleased by the idea. "Where do you want to go?"

His approval caused Y/n's excitement to increase, and her sleepiness to decrease. She sat up and thought for a minute while Jungkook stared at her.

"What about Las Vegas?"

"Isn't it a bit expensive?"

Y/n shook her head no. "One of my coworkers told me there are a lot of discounts at this time of the year. We should check on their website."

"Let's do that tomorrow, then."

"Seems like a fun place!" she continued, obviously willing to go there. "You can even get married spontaneously!"

The black-haired man tilted his head, softly gazing at his girlfriend. "Shall we do that?"

Taken aback, she frowned. "What are you saying?" she couldn't help but laugh, thinking it was a joke.

But Jungkook wasn't joking at all. "What? Don't you want that?"

Now she felt bad and uncomfortable. What was he saying all of a sudden? Of course she wanted to marry him, but so soon? Was it really a bad idea?

"But we've been together for three months only!"

"So what? We've known each other for nearly seven years."

Y/n folded her arms over her chest. "But we haven't spoken in five years."

"So what? Don't you want to get married?"

"Of course I want to! It's just that I didn't expect you to talk about it so soon... Are you serious about that?"

Jungkook wanted to talk, express his deepest feelings. However, he wasn't sure she would understand. According to her reaction, she could laugh it off or worse; laugh at him. Lips pursed, he shook his head from left to right.

"No, don't do that!" Y/n insisted. "Just tell me, alright?"

Jungkook sighed. "I just feel like I've wasted too much time waiting for you. Now that we are together, I don't want anything to set us apart. Can you understand that?" his dark brown eyes were glowing with a tinge of hope. "I love you, and I know you're the only person I would want to spend my life with."

The (h/c)-haired bit her lip, eyes staring right back at his. She felt butterflies in her stomach; a feeling of warmth and comfort was enveloping her body.

"You're right, I feel the same," she took a deep breath, allowing a beautiful smile to creep up her face. "Let's do it."

~ ♡ ~

"Be careful," the (h/c)-haired woman slid her arms around Jungkook's neck. "Take care of Sun."

The man nodded with a smile, then pecked his girlfriend's lips. He was going to miss her even though they would meet again later that night.

"Yo, lovebirds! Can you make it quick?" Sun exclaimed from the car.

Reluctantly, the couple broke their embrace. Jungkook pecked Y/n's lips one last time and whispered that he loved her. He then went straight to the car and sat in the driver's seat.

By the window, Sun waved at her friend with a huge smile on. The latter bent down to have a better view of Sun and gave her an encouraging smile.

"How are you feeling?" Y/n asked.

The Korean woman shrugged. "Nervous, I guess. But I'm kind of excited to see him."

Jungkook, who had started the car, tried to reassure her.

"Yoongi is mature enough; he'll listen to you." He thought of the moment he told his friend that Sun wanted to meet with him. "I obviously didn't tell him what you're willing to talk about, but knowing him, he will understand."

Y/n nodded. "And even if he refuses, it doesn't mean you can't have a child. Remember; Yoongi is your first choice. But there are a lot of men with good genes out there!"

A few minutes later, Y/n went back to Jungkook's place where she was about to spend the afternoon and wait for him to return later that night. On the other hand, the man himself drove to his friend's place.

The ride was mostly quiet because Sun couldn't stop thinking. Was she doing the right thing? Yoongi had always been a good example of a man, which is why she chose to ask him.

"We're here." Jungkook broke the silence while parking the car. "Want me to come?"

Sun bit her lip while shaking her head no. "I have to do it on my own."

He nodded. "Fine. I have some things to buy. There's a grocery store nearby; I'll go. If you need anything, call me."

She thanked her best friend's boyfriend and watched him walk away. She took a deep breath, turning to the big house. Before she could walk further, the door had opened and revealed Min Yoongi; standing in a surprisingly nice suit, looking more handsome than ever.

A small yet genuine smile crept up his face. "Hey, long time no see."

✭☆