Chapter Eight

CHAPTER EIGHT

S e j e o n g
I REALIZED THAT, I have nothing to wear for a fancy dinner or in any formal dinner. My mother watched me look for a dress on a big pile of clothing lying on my floorboard. "What's this mess about?"

"I got invited to a dinner." I pause and sighs "To meet up with my friend's parents and the last thing I want is to get thrown on the face with water."

My mother chuckles and put tuck a piece of my hair behind my ear. "You don't need to dress up to impress them."

"Who said about impressing them? I was going for noticeable enough to have them talk to me." I said

"How 'bout I help you? I have money saved up for this day and has been dying to see you dress up for a guy" Mother teased me.

"No!"

"You obviously need it sis" I saw my younger brother at the door. "Besides you need new clothes, looking at this makes me question if you're really a girl"

-

S e h u n
I LOOK AT MY WRIST WATCH, Sejeong replied 'Wait at the door' and sent me her home address.

She took her time.

"Hyung!" It was Sejeong's little brother and he was grinning.

"Mind telling me if your sister is ever gonna get ready?"

"I'm here, quit complaining!" I turn my head to see Sejeong. Wow!

She looks good, really good. I don't usually go for a girl like her but she looks more nice today. Sejeong doesn't need to put tons of make up to look great or to wear a tight, skimpy dress to look attractive. She already have those qualities.

What am I saying? I am starting to sound like an infatuated teenage boy. "Mouth close please. We don't want moths inside your mouth now, do we?"

I cough.

"Take care! Have a nice dinner" Sejeong's mother said.

"It would be much nicer, if they were serving your food there." I said.

I opened the door for Sejeong and she gladly entered. The drive to the restaurant was quite far and I saw Sejeong fidgeting. "My parents are nice, if that's what's your worried about."

"That's what any son would say." Sejeong said

"It's gonna be okay" I said reassuring her and she gave me another sour expression. "That's what any nervous person would say."

I chuckled.

I was nervous.

If I am being completely honest, Sejeong isn't the first girl I brought to dinners with my parents. My record is not the best when it comes to girls and clearly my father has been keeping tracks, sharing it to my grandfather.

"Staring is bad." Sejeong said as she caught me staring at her multiple times "I could get you arrested for stalking"

"You wish"

I lied.

I stopped at parking valet and opened the door for Sejeong, giving my key to the guy in charge. The restaurant my mother pick is more fancier and luxurious than any dinner.

"Listen"

"What? Are you gonna give me the pick up line 'You're the first girl that I ever brought to dinner'?" She pauses "Save it for the next girl"