Chapter Ten

CHAPTER TEN

S e j e o n g
I WALKED FASTER and found myself inside the J/C backstage room. It was empty when I arrived. Probably because they went to see the rehearsals. I was still panting.

Keep it together.

I calmed myself down and manage get myself a drink at the tap. Hyewon entered and she was smiling. "How are you feeling? Is it official?"

"What?"

She groaned.

"Oh come on!" Hyewon complained "It's obvious that you two are into each other"

"Who is?" I tilt my head looking at her. 

"Sehun!"

I shake my head.

"It's not what you think."

"Really?" She asked in disbelief. "So it's not Sehun throwing winks and smile at your direction during rehearsal and it was not you smiling, ear to ear the whole time?"

"It's not like that."

"Do tell!"

"You have to promise me that you won't tell anybody about this okay?"

She nods.

I told Hyewon from the beginning, about my phone, the unintentional eavesdropping, me hearing about the bet, Sehun fake courting me, him meeting my mother and brother, the dinner with his parents, lastly the confrontation earlier. I had to take a deep breathes in between while explaining everything to her.

"What do you think about Sehun after all of that?" She asked, after a few minutes of silence.

I closed my eyes, for a small time. My mind could answer that question in different words, most of it are good.

"He's conceited but he managed to make me laugh." I continued "He's annoying but that's what disarms his whole facade, deep down I know that there's something in him that is good."

"You're doomed!"

I saw Hyewon shook her head.

"What?"

"You're falling for him." Hyewon blurts and I wasn't shocked. Instead I sighed and didn't say anything. "See? You're not even denying it!"

"I can't lie about my own feelings" I said, honestly.

"You're gonna get yourself heartbroken" Hyewon says giving me a hug. "Get yourself out of it, before it's too late with you ending up losing."

She was right.

I can't lose to him.

But forfeiting is my only option, that way I can walk away from him with my head held up high and save me from a broken heart. "I can't do it, Hyewon"

"Why?"

"I don't wanna forfeit to him."

She sighs. "I will support you, even it sounds stupid and unwise for you."

I nod.

"Do remember that you put yourself in a losing situation." Hyewon looks at me and continues "Even when you think you won, you didn't."

"I know" I whispered.

-

S e h u n
GROANED out of frustration. Why is she so hard to crack? I threw my phone at the sofa and lied down at the sofa. I can't get her out of my head.

Kim Sejeong

What have you done to me?

"You have been staring at the ceiling for awhile now and sighing for the last thirty minutes Sehun" Suho said looking at like I was deranged.

I ignored him.

"He has the symptoms." Baekhyun stated and he looks at me worriedly.

"What symptoms?"

"He's really unwell." Chanyeol added.

"I could hear his heartbeat all the way from here" says Minseok.

"What the hell are you on about?" I asked and sat down. "I feel fine."

"He's also in denial." says Jongdae.

"He has the signs of it." Suho said.

"Sehun you're - " Baekhyun stopped and shake his head.

"What?" I asked, this time I feel so annoyed.

All of them walked closer and looks at me with wide eyes. "In love!"

They all laugh.

"You guys are crazy." I said and smiled at them, closing my eyes to ignore them. But the laughter didn't last long. It was silent.

I opened my eyes to reveal all of them looking at me, wide eyed their jaw dropping down to the floor, kidding.

"Why the funny look?"

"You are in love!" Baekhyun said. "You didn't even defend yourself, dude"

"I think you all know that I never won at bantering with you all against me." I said.

Suho sat down next to me and pats my back. "Sehun"

"What?"

"Answer me honestly" I nod at him, all of them are looking at me and sat down on the sofa, surrounding me. "Sure"

"Are you falling for Sejeong?" He asked me and I found myself, speechless. "If you are then forfeit, there's nothing wrong folding Sehun."

"You can raise the white flag and be with Sejeong, without feeling the guilt and this bet." says Minseok giving me a pleased smile. "You finally have a heart that beats."

I knew this was the right way.

I can finally get to be with her, with no bets and broken hearts.

It's the right thing to do.

"Nope" I said "Get your checkbooks ready, this will cause a big dent to your bank accounts."

E n d  o f  C h a p t e r  T e n

AN UPDATE!!

I have been inactive, sorry everyone.