01 History lesson

Okay so I'm gonna play a game with you. At the beginning of each chapter I am going to ask a question. It's a kind of music trivia we play at my work. You don't need to know song titles or artists just the lyrics to answer the question. It can be any genre. For example if I ask "who's name was written on the wall saying for a good time call?" You would answer "Jenny" I'll put the answer on the next chapter. If I get the right answer I may even publish a new chapter early. (If I have one ready) ready to play?

What kind of stain did I have on my white t-shirt?

Now on to the story!

><><><><><><><><

Just in case you didn't pay attention in your history class I'm gonna start off by telling ya'll a little story.

Once upon a time werewolves and humans lived at peace... only because humans didn't know werewolves existed. All was well until someone spilled the beans. No one knows who let it slip but once the world found out wolves were hunted.

Now I know what you're thinking. 'Wolves are stronger' 'they would kill all the humans'. And you'd be right wolves are stronger, faster, bigger, they learn more quickly... one would think they would destroy the human race easily... but you forgot one thing. Numbers. The human population vastly outnumbered the wolves. Adding silver bullets into the mix the werewolf population was decimated. After the great war all wolves were exterminated leaving the humans to finally live at peace... well that's what the humans think.

Hey! I'm Everine Filice Waylon and I am a werewolf.

Ok so ya'll can call me EV, and now let me tell you what really happened to my people.

Yes there was a great war... we lost... but the elders and Alphas did all they could to make the humans think we were dead. It worked. Thousands of wolves died fighting so a few could escape. Three small packs were formed of those lucky enough to survive. They hid out in forests in Canada and Alaska. That was a few generations ago.

The human battle strategy was evil. Instead of focusing on those fighting they tried to kill all the women they could find. The idea was that even if some survive the wolves would die out naturally and it nearly happened. With so few females the males were killing each other over them. Of the few survivors the numbers were nearly cut in half after a few years.

Finally the elders came up with a plan to stop the bloodshed. The Games.

We used to have Mates. One person meant to love you forever. It still happens occasionally but in order for our species to continue wolves needed to reproduce so The Games began.

It's kinda like the Olympics mixed with some worlds greatest warrior crap. The men compete in five games testing speed, strength, agility, endurance, and intelligence. At the end of the games the males are ranked.

Women 18 and older are the prizes. The male in first place gets first pick. Then second place, third and so on until the woman are taken or all the men passed (which never happens. No woman has come out of The Games unmated.)

However True mates are cherished due to their rarity so a loophole in the rules was created.

"After a female is chosen any wolf can challenge the claim in the form of combat."

It was made so a true mate could fight for his female even if she was chosen before he could claim her.

So I think that's enough history for now... oh one more thing! I told you my name but I failed to mention my age.

I'm EV Waylon, Daughter of Alpha Samuel Waylon, I just turned 18... and The Games are next week.