16 What Is Love?

I'm gonna be a Luna!

Waking up I'm surprised to see Tobias truly has EVERYTHING planned. I have a dress, my family is here, the dining hall has been transformed for the ceremony, we have a priest to officiate, food for everyone, I mean he even had a massive cake done over night and it's all beautiful!

"EV!" My baby brother breaks into my room just as I finish getting ready.

"Jason!" I yell back wrapping him in a hug.

"You look beautiful sis." He smiles down at me. When did this pup get so tall? "Let's go. Its about time for you to be an official Luna." He says leading me out.

We walk down the hall toward the stairs. As soon as we reach the bottom we are stopped by a voice.

"EV." He says and I turn to face him.

"I told you you could come only if you kept out of the way. Walk away Kaden. She doesn't need to deal with you." Jason growls at him.

"Just a minute. I just want to talk... please EV." Kaden begs.

"Give us a moment Jay." I tell my brother who reluctantly leaves glaring at his Beta.

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry. I still love you Everine. That will never change... but I'm glad you found your true mate. That's wat you wanted. That man loves you and I can see that. He's not the animal most of our kind have become... I was wrong. I'm happy for you. I truly am even if it hurts that I couldn't be the one to make you happy... here." He says handing me a box. "Something old... I gave that necklace to you when we were little." I pull out a cheap gold chain, that would turn my skin green, with a small heart pendant hanging from it.

"I lost this years ago!" I say examining the necklace.

"We were swimming in the pond... you were so upset... I thought you might want it back as a symbol of our friendship." Kaden says looking at his shoes. I can tell this is hard for him.

"Thank you Kay... and I hope you find the most amazing mate... maybe you'll even find your true mate." I say smiling at him.

"I already have... I found her a week after the games when she turned 18." He tells me the biggest grin covering his face. My jaw drops as I run to give him a hug.

"That's amazing! You two won't even have to deal with the Games! Who is it? Have you marked her? Do I know her? Oh my gosh I can't believe this!" He chuckles releasing me from the hug.

"Yes you know her. I haven't told Jason yet because I wanted you to be the first. No I haven't marked her but..." he says undoing a button to show me the bite mark on his collarbone. "She has less self control." He chuckles still smiling widely.

"Her name Kaden!" I yell at him.

"It's Emmy." He tells me.

"You mean my Emmy!? My best friend! That's amazing! My two closest friends are mates!" I am nearly bouncing up and down.

"You aren't mad?" He asks.

"Why would I be mad?" I respond confused by the question.

"Well days after you get taken... after I tell you I love you I end up wearing another women's mark and she's your friend... I thought you might think I'd hurt her. I promise you she is amazing and my feelings for you are strictly friendship love. Emmy is.... she's everything." He explains.

"Look, I know you, Kaden. You are a good man and I would never think you'd hurt Emmy no matter your feelings for me. She's your mate." I say and he smiles.

"You know love is a funny word. It's a weak word in English. You know in Greek they have many words for love? Storgi for family love, philia for friendship love, eros for passionate love, agape for unconditional love... it's so much deeper than one word. So for you Everine I say more than philia you are my family you I storgi and you I agape you... I love you EV no matter what and I wish you the best." I am in tears as I hug him again.

"Storgi and agape, Kaden." I whisper in agreement.

"It's time." Jason says as he returns. I release Kaden and wipe my tears. Time to meet my mate.

"Do I need to find a new Beta?" Jason asks as we walk away.

"Why would you do that?" I respond.

"You're crying. If he hurt you I will kill him... then I'll need a new Beta." He answers and I smack his chest.

"He was just wishing me well and I'm overly emotional." I respond.

"Good... so did he tell you he found his mate?" He asks and my jaw drops. "He's been trying to hide that mark forever! It's cute how he thinks I don't know." He laughs.

"Is he happy?" I ask my overly observant brother.

"He is. Its nauseating honestly. He still misses you but the dudes seriously in love with the girl... I just wish he'd tell me who it is already!" I chuckle at him. But I'm glad to know Kaden is happy.

"It's Emmy." I tell him figuring it can't hurt since he already knows.

"Really!?... yea I can see it. She's good for him. Cute, a little shy but outspoken when needed, I bet she'd be great in..."

"Do not finish that sentence little brother! You are not allowed to know about that stuff yet!" I yell at him and he laughs.

"I'll be snagging a mate next year and will be doing more than talking about 'that stuff' calm down sis... I mean I know you and Alpha Tobias have been..."

"Oh look we're here!" I cut him off again. He just shakes his head and walks over to our dad and hands me off.

"Ready little wolf?" Poppa asks we face the door.

"I love you poppa." I tell him.

"Love you too sweet pea." He smiles then nods to the door silently asking again if I'm ready. I take a deep breath.

"I'm ready."