12 Back Home

Answer: ladies swoon
Song: Bad Boy Good Man
By: Tape Five

Question: I'm sorry who? I never meant to hurt you. I never meant to make you cry

On with the story!

><><><><><><><><

Alpha Tobias POV

I make it back to the arena to see Alpha Gavin claim my mate. As I am about to challenge him she steps up. The elders question this and I listen for her response.

"I would never make such a claim sir. I am simply not ready to be mated this year. Alpha Gavin is not my mate. The rules state that "After a female is chosen any wolf can challenge the claim in the form of combat."

She's not ready... I know! I'll let her fight him. If she wins I let her have the year. If she loses I challenge him. I want her now but I can wait. If she not ready I won't force her.

I watch the wolves fight. Amazingly my little mate destroys the cocky Alpha. I chuckle as he submits to the smaller wolf.

Alpha Gavin declines another mate choosing to wait for next year.

"Alpha Tobias... as you are in second place you may choose your mate." The elder says.

I see her eyes turn to me as I come to the stage.

"I decline." I announce then turn to EV before walking off. "Next year little mate." I tell her with a smile. I see her inhale my scent making my smile widen as I leave.

Next year I will have my mate.

"Tobias." Trevor's voice wakes me from my dream.

I shouldn't have watched the videos of the choosing.... if only I had heard her speech. If only I had known... she just needed time. I could have waited. It would have been hard but I could do it. I thought she'd be happy when she realized who I was but she wasn't and once I challenged her I had no option. I didn't realize how much she would hate me...

"Yea." I mumble sitting up from where I was asleep at my desk.

"She's in her room... why isn't she in yours?" He asks.

"She's not ready for all that... I want to take things slow... you know get to know her like how we used to before the council regulated mateing." I say.

"Dude I think that ship has sailed." He says.

"Maybe... but I wanted to to be different. I wanted her to be in love with me... I mean... I couldn't even look at her, man. We both knew it had to be done but I didn't want it to be like that. I couldn't look in her eyes and see her hatred for me. Not when all I want is her love... it was my first time... it should have been... I don't know... special?" I try to explain.

"You sound like a girl." He laughs.

"Shut it Trev! If it weren't for the fact that a wolf's honor wont allow him to go back on his word I wouldn't have done it! Its stupid! We can lie all day long but God forbid we don't do something we promise! Stupid wolf!" I rant.

"I can't control my nature human." My wolf defends himself.

"I know." I respond.

"It's cool how you think about what she wants. You're a good mate." Trev says.

"Yea right." I respond. "Tell EV that...She hates me."

"You need to talk to her." He states.

"I plan to. After dinner I'm gonna take her for a walk in the woods to explain. If I would have known how she felt I never would have chosen her. I would have waited. But now I can give her all the time she needs... it's not perfect but I'll do all I can to help her. I mean I took two years before joining the games. She had no option. It's not fair to any of the girls but I'll try to make it right... at least with EV." I say.

"Look at you Mr. Women's rights." He laughs.

"Not really... it's not like I can do anything about the games whether I agree or not. I'm just Mr. EV's rights." I respond.

"Go get the girl! She thinks you hate her. Go explain now! Why wait for dinner?" Trev asks.

"But work... I'm so behi..." I start.

"TALK TO YOUR MATE!" He yells enunciating each word. "I'll work on the paperwork." He offers.

"Thanks man!" I grin running upstairs.

I burst through the door expecting to find her napping or maybe getting situated in her new room but no. Her room is empty. I check the bathroom but she's not there.

"Alpha?" A warrior mind links.

"Yes!" I snap.

"Did you tell the Luna she could leave the pack lands?" He asks.

"Why?" I ask.

"I just caught her scent at the border." He informs me.

"Track her. I'm on my way!" With that I cut the link and book it out the front door.