08 Round Two

Answer: 48 dollars
Song: I Like It, I Love It
By: Tim McGraw

Question: 2hat are you collecting in your jar while you are runnin' 'round leaving scars?

On with the story!

><><><><><><><><

EV POV

"Alpha Tobias... I was told you had to leave." The elder says. I can't stop staring at the man in front of me. He looks at me out of the corner of his eye  sensing  my gaze and smirks.

"I had to make it back to claim my mate." He says to the elder.

"You wish to fight her?" The elder asks surprised. Hardly anyone challenges a claim two challenges in one year and for the same person is unheard of.

"For my True Mate I'd fight every man woman or child that stands in my way sir." Alpha Tobias says.

"True Mate!?" Everyone's jaws drop. Chatter increases throughout the arena.

"This is why you fought Alpha Gavin!" The elder says as if he has unearthed an amazing secret. "By all means! Take her! True mates are to be treasured!"

Alpha Tobias turns to me.

"Its good to see you... wow!... your scent alone is intoxicating... I'm so glad I got here in time... let's go little mate." He says wrapping an arm around me. This breaks the dazed state my mate put me in.

"No!" I say stepping away. I see the confusion and hurt in his eyes as I turn to the council of elders and my father. "You said if I beat Alpha Gavin I am free for the next year! I'm leaving. It was nice meeting you Alpha Tobias... see you next year." I turn to walk off the stage but my father stops me.

"He challenged your claim... you can't just walk away." He says guiding me back to center stage. "Is he your True Mate?" Father links me. I just give him a nod and he places his hands on my shoulders as we stand before the elders.

"Miss Everine..." I can hear Tobias echoing my name as the elder speaks and hearing him say it makes me weak. "Alpha Tobias has challenged your claim do you wish to fight?"

I look at my Mate and he smiles. I know he wants me to give in. Go with him... and I want to... but I'm not ready for that yet.

"I accept the challenge." I watch as his smile fades.

"The same conditions apply as did with Alpha Gavin... as the challenged you may choose the form of combat." The elder tells me.

I know my wolf would give in to him so I guess it will be hand to hand.

"Human form." I tell them and I follow Tobias off the stage to the area in front where I fought Gavin.

"Don't do this." Alpha Tobias begs as we descend the stairs. "Please." My heart breaks but I'm not ready to give him what he wants... what he needs.

"I'm sorry." I whisper back as we take our stances.

We slowly circle each other but he makes no move to strike. He's not like Gavin. He is calculating watching me. No emotion on his face. Eventually I decide to make the first move kicking at his head which he blocks throwing me off balance. The Alpha however doesn't take the opportunity to strike but waits for me to regain composure. What is he doing?!

We circle again and again and again. He never strikes me only blocks and dodges. It's been over an hour and I'm tired.

"I thought you wanted to fight Alpha!" I call to him trying not to pant.

"I will not injure my mate." He responds.

"Then how do you hope to win?" I ask.

"You seem to be beating yourself well enough." He laughs.

That sets me off. I lunge at him shifting just before we collide. He apparently saw this coming because he quickly spun himself behind me and picked me up in such a way that my front paws were out straight with his arms locked under them and his large hands were holding my head so I can't bite him.

"You let your anger get the better of you, little mate. You've fought well but you know as well as I that you don't have it in you to beat me... now shift." He whispers with his head nuzzled into the fur on my neck.

I whimper and my wolf pulls back leaving me hanging limp in his arms. He growls and sets me down. He quickly removes his shirt and covers me with it.

"Alpha Tobias has claimed Miss Everine Waylon as his mate. Does anyone challenge this claim?" The elder announces. No one speaks. No one breaths. "Thank God!" The elder sighs. "Congratulations Alpha you may take your mate now you will have the first mate's ceremony at 9:00 tonight."

As soon as we are dismissed Alpha Tobias picks me up and carries me away.