19 You again

"We have an Alpha's meeting today." Tobias tells me as we get ready in the morning.

"Well I'll see you tonight!" I smile at him hoping he will get the point that I don't want to go.

"We'll be together all day at the meeting." He responds.

"I don't want to!" I whine.

"You're a Luna!" He whines back mocking me. I give him my signature 'I am not amused' look causing him to hold his hands up. "Well it's true! Come on all Alphas AND Luna's go to this. I'll make it up to you... we can go wherever you want for dinner after."

"We would do that anyway... I really don't want to see Gavin. Do you want to see that man harass your mate? Do you want to see the man that tried to make me his mate? You know if I would have lost the fight you would have been to late to claim me." I explain trying to get him to let me out of it.

"Gavin will behave or I will castrate him. It's as simple as that. He claimed that Beta girl from his pack anyway. He has his Luna and I have mine. He shouldn't be a problem. You will survive lil' V. Plus your father and brother will be there. Jason will be Alpha soon, right? It will be worth going just to see them." He counters. I sigh conceding his point.

"Fine but I won't like it and I'm gonna pester you all day. Fair warning... Will we be home tonight or do I need to pack a bag?" I ask.

"We should be home but pack for over night just in case." He tells me.

"Okay. Want me to pack for you too?" I offer.

"You are beyond perfect, yes, thank you." He tells me and I smile walking to our closet.

Soon we are on the road heading to Gavin's pack because of course he is hosting this year. I feel myself grinding my teeth as we approach. I really hate this guy!

"Relax, beautiful, it will be over before you know it." Tobias says as he straightens my clenched fist intertwining our fingers. "We've got another half hour to his pack then the meeting then we can leave... provided he doesn't insist we stay the night we will be home by morning."

"I didn't want to go to start with. If this goes south it's on you." I tell him.

"Okay. Just pretend he's not the scum of the earth for a day. Be civil at least. That's all I ask. You can go back to cursing his name tomorrow." He grins at me and I can't help but chuckle.

"Deal." I sigh. I still don't want to go.

The meeting went on and on. I ignored them most of the time. Just for fun I started making faces at my baby brother when the Alphas weren't looking. Mature I know. You see Jason will be Alpha soon and therefore needs to have a composed Alpha image so watching him try not to laugh is hilarious. The looks our dad keeps shooting him tells me he is not doing a good job of holding it in. Once Jason starts snorting Tobias catches on and I feel a hand on my knee under the table. He leans over to speak in my ear.

"Behave, mate." He whispers.

"You're the one that made me come." I whisper back.

"Alpha Gavin, would you mind having someone show my lovely mate where the restroom is?" Tobias asks as if that's what we were talking about.

"Of course." Gavin responds and a woman enters the room to show me.

I go to the restroom. Honestly I'm just grateful to be out of that meeting. Instead of returning to my living hall I head outside for some fresh air. For such a jerk Alpha Gavin has a beautiful garden. Not that that has anything to do with him but his grounds keeper is a genius! Every plant and flower compliments its neighbors in an unmatched array of beauty.

"Your mate is looking for you." An annoying voice breaks through my daydreaming.

"What are you doing here Gavin?" I growl at him.

"We are on break... this is actually my favorite place. I like to tend to the plants. It is relaxing." He says playing with a flower before turning his attention to me. "You will have strong pups." He states.

"I'm sure Tobias and I will." I respond and he laughs.

"That pup can't handle you. He has yet to make you fully submit. It's sad that an Alpha can't handle his mate. I'd have you trained by now." He says stalking towards me.

"I'm not a dog in need of training." I growl.

"No you are a woman. A dog is more useful. It can hunt and protect its master. All you are good for is spreading your legs... you just need some training to know your place." He says grabbing my throat. I wasn't expecting an attack so he took me by surprise. I didn't think he'd try anything with Tobias and my father here but I was wrong. "You may not be my mate but I could still put my heir in you. Insure he has a strong bloodline."

"You have a mate." I choke out digging my claws into his forearm. I'm almost deep enough to cause permanent damage when he let's go with a growl. I wipe his blood off on my pants as I watch him hold his damaged arm.

"Beta born." He scoffs. "I want my heir to be strong."

"I have a mate." I growl walking past him to reenter the house and find Toby.

"And he can have you once I have an heir." He says I can feel he is coming closer to me but as soon as he gets close the door opens.

"There you are lil' V." Tobias smiles seeing me then frowns as soon as his eyes lock with the man behind me. "Gavin." He growls pulling me to him.

"Tobias." Gavin nods.

"Thank you for your hospitality but my mate and I will be leaving." My mate says and turns to walk away with his hand in mine.

"The meeting isn't over!" Gavin argues.

"If we go back in there you will have more than one Alpha male ready to fight you. Be happy I am more concerned for my mate than dealing with you Gavin." Tobias tells him before placing me in the car, getting in, and driving off.

"How did you know he did anything?" I ask once we are on our way.

"You being alone with him tells me enough. Smelling his blood on you makes me know he did something you didn't like. Are you okay?" He asks and I smile.

"I'm good... thank you for leaving there." I answer.

"Of course. You come first... mind telling me what happened?" He asks.

"Gavin is a sexist pig." I answer.

"More specifically?" He continues and I sigh.

"He said I needed to be trained as to a woman's place. He sais all I was good for is Sex and he told me he still wants his Heir to come from me." I state and he slame on the breaks.

"WHAT!?!"