13 Escape

Answer: Mama
Song: Cleanin' Out My Closet
By: Eminem
(Come on ya'll knew that one!)

Question: I hate what I've become, the nightmare's just begun. I must confess that I feel like what?

On with the story!

><><><><><><><><

EV POV

I run as fast as I can and am soon crossing the border. Freedom... I sigh. A big part of me would rather go back. That's just because I'm hurt. He hates me! There's nothing to go back to!

A howl echoes through the woods... I guess he didn't wait for dinner to come for me.

I begin to run erratically in an attempt to confuse my scent. I need to get away. Start over. The only reason he is chasing me is Alpha's are possessive. I belong to him. I run faster afraid of what he may do if he catches me.

The forest is never ending... that's why we live here. It's far away from most humans. It's cold but safe. If I remember correctly Tobias's pack is closest to mine and I am fast. I was already out of his land when he howled so I shouldn't be far from mine.

When I cross onto Poppa's territory a breath a sigh of relief. That is until I'm tackled by a patrol. I throw him off of me and shift into human form.

"What the crap Smitty!" I yell at him retrieving some clothes from a stash.

"Sorry EV... your scent changed. Didn't recognize you." He says after shifting and dressing himself.

"All good... mateing does that." I grumble. "Anyway I'm gonna go meet poppa."

"Sure... I'll mind link him." He offers.

"No thanks Smitty... I won't be long I'll just surprise him." I smile and he returns it.

"Alright... it's good to see you EV." He says.

"You too." I respond then take off towards the house.

"EV!" my brother Jason yells as he attacks me in a hug. "I thought I'd never get to see you again!"

"I'm only back for a little while but you can't think I'd abandon my baby brother without at least saying goodbye!" I say pulling away.

"Only a little while?... when are you leaving?" He asks.

"I'm just gonna pack a bag and say goodbye to poppa then I'm gone." I answer.

"Oh..." Jason says frowning. "Good luck sis."

"Hey! None of that! I'm gonna be fine and in a year or so I'll come back for a visit." I tell him. His smile returns.

"So its more of a see ya later?" He asks.

"Yup!" I smile at him. "And by then you may have a mate for me to meet." I see him blush. "You'll be 18 before the next games... my little brother with a mate! Choose well."

"Yea yea... what about your mate?" He asks pointing at Tobias's mark on my neck.

"Complicated... I don't want to talk about it." I answer.

I run off to my room and pack a bag. I choose a bookbag and fill it with clothes. As I am grabbing my bathroom stuff a voice stops me.

"I heard you were back." I turn to see Kaden leaning on my doorframe. "Where's your mate?" He spits the last word with such anger.

"I left... ran... he was chasing me but I wanted to say goodbye... and I needed clothes." I tell him.

"You know if you would have chosen me you wouldn't have to leave." He says.

"I know." I mumble looking away.

"Yet you risked it... I loved you EV!" He yells.

"I know! I'm sorry Kay... he hates me now if that makes you feel any better! And to top it all off he's my True mate! The one I wanted to wait for! And he hates me..." I go from yelling to whispering as I finish my rant. I see Kaden's anger leave as he comes forward and holds me in his arms.

"I'm sorry EV... it doesn't make me feel better. I want you happy... I just wish I could be that for you." He says running his hand through my hair as I cry. I look up from his tear stained shirt to meet his eyes. He places a hand on my cheek. "You are beautiful, strong,  amazing. If he hates you that's on him. Brush it off EV."

As soon as he stops speaking he leans down and kisses me. I quickly push him away. It just feels so wrong.

"Sorry EV." Kaden says trying to pull me back to him. I pull away again yelling at him to let me go as he grabs me. "No please EV! Don't! I'm sorry!" He pulls me to him as the door bursts open.

"Let go of her!" Tobias yells in his Alpha voice.

I look to the door and see my father, my brother, and my mate. Kaden instantly let's me go.

"Poppa! You called him?! Jason you told poppa!? Is everyone against me!?!" I accuse.

"No. I followed you. Your father didn't know you were here until I informed him." Tobias growls. "Come here Everine."

I lower my head and come to his side.

"Tobias.." I try to talk to him.

"Not now Everine." He cuts me off. "You!" He points at Kaden. "You will not touch my mate again!" Kaden looks down.

"Yes Alpha." He growls unable to resist the Alpha command.

"Are you okay EV?" Jason asks. I nod.

"Come on little wolf." Poppa says leading me out the door. Tobias follows as Jason enters my room to talk to his Beta.

Poppa leads us to his office. He sits at his desk and has me sit opposite him. Tobias stands in the back of the room.

"Sooo... welcome home Everine." Poppa says.