14 Talk

Answer: A Monster
Song: Monster
By: Skillet

No one has been playing so this is the last one.

On with the story!

><><><><><><><><

I stare at my father. I don't dare look back at Tobias. He hates me. I can't look in his eyes.

"I love seeing you little wolf... but it was highly unexpected..." poppa begins.

"Why did you run?" Tobias asks sadly cutting him off.

"I had to." I whisper.

"I'll give you two some privacy." Poppa says standing. As he passes me he whispers in my ear "talk to the boy." Then leaves.

"Why?" Tobias asks again once poppa is gone.

"I had to." I say a little louder still not looking at him.

"I heard you the first time. I want an explanation." He says. I shake my head. "Please Everine." His sad tone breaks my heart.

"You hate me! I'm not ready for this and you hate me! I can't be the mate you want! You know that! You said it yourself you're stuck with me! I was freeing you! I can't live with a mate who hates me!" I cry out my explanation.

"Look at me EV." Tobias says. I hadn't realized how close he'd gotten until the sparks hit my chin as he gently lifts it. "I don't hate you." I could see the truth in his eyes. Touching his forehead to mine he continues. "I know you're not ready and I won't force you. You are exactly the mate I want... my True mate. I never said I was stuck with you but if I am, I'm happy to be stuck. I love you lil' V. I could never hate you."

"You couldn't even look at me after the ceremony! This is the first time you've met my eyes! If you don't hate me then what!? What makes you avoid me until I leave?!" I ask. He looks down.

"I'm mad at myself... if I had been there earlier. If I had known all you wanted was time... I could have waited... I'm sorry I claimed you. I'm sorry I forced you to fight me. I know you didn't want to. You just want time... am I right?... EV?.... please talk to me I'm dying here!" I wrap my arms around him unable to form words. He returns the hug resting his chin on my head.

"Why didn't you just talk to me? Why make me think you hated me?" I ask once I find my voice. He chuckles and it vibrates my entire body.

"You left before dinner. I planned to talk to you after." He says.

"Oh..." is all I can get out and he laughs harder.

"Well it was a longer walk than I'd planned but it is about dinner time... think your father'd mind us staying for dinner?" He asks pulling me up as he stands.

"I think that would be great... sooo... what's the plan Tobey... I'm still not rea..."

"We'll wait. We'll date. We'll get to know each other and when you're ready we will renew our vows... or rather make our own. I agree with you that the council's ones are crap. We will do it our way on our time. You're my true mate. I'll wait as long as you need." He says and I snuggle into him.

"I don't think it will take to long." I whisper to myself under my breath. His chuckle tells me he still heard.

"I hope so lil' V." He says kissing my head.

"Lil' V?" I question.

"Everine... EV... lil' V... I want my own name for you." He explains and I nod.

"Okaaaaay." I say thinking. "Tobias... Tobey... TB?" He laughs.

"No."

"Why not?" I pout.

"TB is Tuberculosis... I ain't your huckleberry." He laughs again. I don't get the joke. "Anyway lil' V I won't be named after a disease."

"Fine I'll stick with Tobey." I say.

"Perfect." He smiles as we enter the dining room.

After dinner we have to leave right away. Trevor pulls up in a black car so we don't have to run home. Tobey opened the back door. I get in and he slides in after me.

"Good evening Luna. Have a nice run?" Trevor asks.

"Just drive Trevor." Tobey orders pulling me close to him and nuzzling my neck.

"Mind detangling yourselves for a moment Tobe?" Trevor asks grinning and I chuckle. Tobey groans and looks up at his Beta.

"What now!?" He asks obviously irritated.

"What are we telling the pack Alpha?" Trevor asks.

"The truth...That the Luna was home sick and went to see her family." Tobey answers.

"Well I suppose that's a version of the truth." I mumble. Tobey sighs and pulls me close again placing his face near my neck taking in my scent.

"Would you rather I say my mate ran away from me? That she planned on abandoning our pack? I don't think that will go over well." He whispers.

"No... but it was all a misunderstanding. We could say..." I trail off thinking.

"Exactly." He murmurs face still on my neck.

"No I was just thinking... we could say that I was scared and you came to get me. After we talked we came back and we're better than ever... that is the truth just a little vague and it promises a future for the pack." I explain.

Tobey pulls away smiling at me. He kisses me on the forehead. "My Luna." He says pulling me ever closer to him. "You were truly made for the position... made for me... my true mate."