03 To The Games

Answer: My mother
Song: when the Doves Cry
by: Prince

Question: While you're still probably workin' At a nine to five pace when do I wake up With a big smile on my face?

On with the story!

><><><><><><><><

Kaden hasn't talked to me all week. I guess if I wont mate him he wont be my friend... No! Once I come back home it will all go back to normal. I have a plan remember?!

"Come on baby." Dad says wrapping an arm around me. "Time to go ladies." He announces to the other two girls that have turned 18 since the last games.

A few guys come along to participate in hopes of finding a mate. They pile into cars but my father and I ride alone together. One last chance of father daughter bonding I guess.

"Are you nervous sweet pea?" He asks as he starts to drive.

"A little... but don't worry poppa I'm gonna be coming right back home with ya!" I tell him.

"The elders may not let you challenge it... you aren't a male." Dad tells me.

"The rules say any wolf not any male... if they don't want me challenging they should have been more specific." I say.

"That rule is meant to allow True Mates to be together not to allow a woman to remain unmated... just be careful baby. If you challenge and lose he may hurt you. Break you for insulting him. You know Alpha Gavin has his eye on you... he is 25 and hasn't even participated in the past few years because of it. He is ruthless. I don't want you hurt... then theirs Alpha Tobias. He's 20. This will be the first year he participates. He is strong, strict, but fair. He would be a good option... at least better than Gavin..." dad rants but I cut him off.

"They may not even go for me. And it's not like I get to choose who chooses me. If one of them does I'll fight him. I've got Alpha blood too I can win!" I argue.

"Oh sweet pea... they will.... they will want you for the same reason you think you can best them. You have a strong bloodline they will want... I'm sorry Everine... if you were of omega, warrior, Delta, Gamma, or even Beta blood they may ignore you but you're not... one of them will be your mate." Dad says not looking at me.

"You don't think I can win do you?" I ask and he sighs.

"No..." he sighs "you are strong but they are Alphas... I won't get my hopes up and you shouldn't either... I want you to win. I don't want to lose you. If you choose to challenge him... make sure to beat the crap out of him. Win or lose don't give up." He answers.

"I love you poppa... and I will win." I tell him.

"I hope so sweet pea." He smiles at me then looks back at the road.

¤•¤•¤•¤•¤•¤

"Welcome to the Coliseum." Dad says as we get out of the car.

In front of us is a large circular amphitheater with wolves piling in. I thought we were laying low from the humans but this building would suggest otherwise.

"Don't the humans wonder why this is here?" I ask.

"Nope... we only use it one weekend a year so humans run it most of the time." Dad answers. I nod in response.

"Ladies this way. Competitors please make your way in." A man says as we enter ushering us down a hall. I turn back and run to my dad.

"Just in case I lose I love you poppa and I'm gonna miss you. Tell Kaden I'll miss him too." I say clinging to him tears in my eyes.

"Love you too sweet pea..." he says then whispers in my ear. "Give 'em hell!"

I pull away and smile. "Will do poppa!"

With that I catch up with the girls and we are shown to a holding room with 7 other girls.

"So what now?" I ask once we're locked in.

"There's a dinner tonight with just competitors and prizes so they can size us up... they will do the first two challenges today the next three tomorrow then we will be brought out for the choosing." A tall girl says.

"How do you know all this?" I ask.

"My brother is a Beta... he keeps me well informed. Plus this is his second year participating so he knows the routine." She answers. "Just stay out of my way! I plan to be first chosen. Don't worry tho I think a couple warriors out there might be willing to claim you... but you know they don't really care about you. Just that you're female."

"I don't plan on being claimed so were good their." I respond. She just scoffs.

"Like you can stop it." She says. I give her a smile.

"Watch me!"